Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

US C15 Regummed - Effect On Value

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,490Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shakey 7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suggest the creation new subject thread be created and named Fakes, Forgeries and Counterfeits. Especially given the fact that this has become such a hot topic seemingly by complete accident.
I think that a thread like that would give validity to the subjects and dispel many myths and urban legends.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
739 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now I am not saying anything about the stamp in question as to being genuine or counterfeit. I am only pointing out that IF counterfeit, it would be a better deal as the catalog for an unused counterfeit is higher than the genuine; even greater if we were discussing a used example.

Now the overlooked question is; does a regumming affect the price of a unused counterfeit since it was not replacing real OG but counterfeit OG?
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shakey 7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say it does absolutely affect the value if it is a re-gummed authentic or counterfeit for that matter because either one is recognized in retail catalogs. The percentage of value deduction in my mind would be determined by what the seller is willing to accept and what the buyer is willing to pay. That is open to a lot of subjection.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
739 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   9:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would say it does absolutely affect the value if it is a re-gummed ... counterfeit for that matter because either one is recognized in retail catalogs.

In the Scott Specialized 2021 catalog, there is no reference or pricing of gum with regards the the listed postal counterfeit prices in that section of the catalog. There is some gum discussion but it is for the subject matter of distinguishing the counterfeit from the genuine issued stamp. And, to repeat what was said by another before, the counterfeit C-15 has a higher catalog value than the genuine examples.

Quote:
I suggest the creation new subject thread be created and named Fakes, Forgeries and Counterfeits

If you put "forgeries" into the search function offered in SCF and use the Google box, you will find near 100 listings. In one it is pointed out there is a 14 volume set of books (approx. $400) just on forgeries Germany. You will also find that the topics seem to be country, issue or forger specific.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 09/18/2021 9:55 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6828 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The listing has ended and so too has this topic.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,490Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05