Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is It A SC # 359 Bluish Paper ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 294Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Massimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I was going through some stamps and I found this 3 cent with a plate # 4926, so I did some research and it shows that these stamps were from plate numbers 4918 to 4927 , I wonder if someone on the forum can tell me if it is a 359, or not, I know there are a lot of people with a lot more knowledge than me on this forum, specially my eyesight is in bad shape.

Thank you

Send note to Staff
Edited by Massimo - 09/18/2021 4:47 pm

Learn More...
9772 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   4:57 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To my hobbyist eye, I am not seeing the gray paper color of the 'blue paper' variety.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7657 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Massimo. I agree with Don. Here is the link to a great bunch of info with pictures: https://www.stampcommunity.org/topi...PIC_ID=54607

Peter
Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Massimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello guys, thank you for your quick replies, much appreciated
Valued Member
United States
245 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   4:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with all the comments posted. In this case I would send to Mr. W T Crowe for an expert opinion. The difference in value is well worth a 5.00 opinion or a 20.00 certificate.
Regards
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6828 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
333 and 359 were both printed from plates 4918, 4925, 4926 and 4927. To my eye, as with Don's, I do not see bluish paper. As GMC says though, it is worth an opinion from someone that can see the stamp in person.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1118 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   7:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting thread!
What could this be? Hard to tell from the scans
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6828 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   7:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ink
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 294Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05