Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Paper Punch For Scott Two Post Stamp Albums

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 630Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6540 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If the original poster is asking about rectangular holes, then the slots/holes on these measure approximately 11 mm x 5 mm, according to the only Scott binder I have.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1527 Posts
Posted 09/20/2021   12:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A "minute book punch" appears to be correct. 5mm x 11mm is very close to 3/16" x 7/16".
http://www.minutebooks.com/minute-book-hole-punch/
Pillar Of The Community
1028 Posts
Posted 09/20/2021   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"I have two empty Scott two post albums. I would like to create stamp pages and use the two albums, but can't find a paper punch to correctly allow a proper use of the albums. Any suggestions?"

It would help if we knew which "Scott two post albums" you were referring to, the National/Specialty albums which have two rectangular posts, or the International album with round posts.

If it's the latter, you can probably find a hole punch which movable (or removable) punches so you can create a two-hole punch that would fit the distance between the two holes Scott uses for its International page. BUT you'd first need blank Scott International-size paper to hole punch -- and why do that when there are blank International pages already hole-punched that you can buy? There are no pre-made hole punchers for that purpose.

If it's the former, it's going to be very difficult to find any punch that creates rectangular holes. A print shop may have the equipment to punch holes of that shape. It might be worth looking around for one. But, again, you can buy blank pages for the National/Specialty albums -- or buy pages for these albums with the layouts already printed on them -- or print your own layouts on your own blank pages.

Blank pages can easily be bought for both binders if that's what you want. You say you want to "create stamp pages," but don't say if you want to make your own printed pages with stamp layouts on them or just use blank pages in your binders and add stamps to them.

If blank pages, they're easy to buy from most of the usual sources, including AmosAdvantage(dot) com.
https://www.amosadvantage.com

If it's printed pages you want, either buy the ones you want from Amos Advantage or elsewhere, if they're available -- or you can print the inexpensive Steiner page layouts onto your blank pages w/borders or blank pages w/o borders. To print them yourself, you may need a "large-format" (wide body) printer. I generally take my printed Steiner "originals" (printed from the Steiner files I've downloaded from his website) to a photocopy place like Fedex and print on my own blank pages -- but that's because I make some changes to them. Or you can just buy Steiner pages already printed for you for whatever country and era you want from the website below.

Steiner page layouts themselves are available here for you to download:
https://stampalbums.com

Blank pages without borders for both types of two-post binders are available here. And they're already hole-punched for whichever Scott binders you have. This guy is also authorized to print the above Steiner layouts on whichever type of his paper you choose.
http://www.albumpages.net

Many options so this could probably use a "flow chart" but I'm sure you can figure it out. Good luck.
Edited by DrewM - 09/20/2021 9:09 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 630Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05