Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Hope This One Is A 482A Type 1, Need Your Opinion Everyone

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 407Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   9:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Massimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I have this stamp that I've been researching for a while and I found interesting that the lip is straight and doesn't have that little dot going up and it says that makes it a 482A type 1A ,the colour of course is deep rose like it should be, also it has the Shermack perf in which I checked the sizes as well, anyway I would like to have you guys opinion on this stamp, hopefully you'll be able to see it on the scan, also is not suppose to have a watermark which this one does not have one, well I hope that your opinions are positive LOL,I just change the scan and placed 2 stamps to be able to see the differences on the lips, hopefully this scan will help, thank you
Send note to Staff
Edited by Massimo - 09/19/2021 10:46 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6832 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Even with the poor quality scan I can see that it is not a Type Ia. The top togo and button lines are weak. Sorry.

Edit to add: Judging by your posts you are either treasure hunting or came upon some misidentified stamps?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rogdcam - 09/19/2021 9:31 pm
Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Massimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorry if some members feel that because of what I post is treasure hunting , unfortunately I am at the point that I am almost blind and have problems scanning stamps as well, but anyway I am sorry if I am bothering people, so I won't post anything anymore.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6832 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jeez, nobody said that you are bothering anybody. I am curious what makes you think that the stamps you are posting are rare types. That is all. I enjoy looking at your stamps and trying to help you out. Keep posting for goodness sakes.

I would add that it is very difficult to give good opinions without good scans. Can somebody help you out if you are blind? Maybe somebody here has suggestions.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
805 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   9:57 pm  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Massimo, you came here to ask for opinions about a specific stamp that you have, and provide a scan.

rogdcam provided his opinion about the stamp, which was not favorable to your desire, but DID have useful information about the stamp.

Most stamps of this design are very common. The best assumption when identifying stamps is to assume you have the most common variety. Then very carefully take the steps to determine if you have a scarcer stamp.

When asking for opinions, be aware that you may not always get positive/confirming inputs. But DO come back to ask questions to get opinions - many of the opinions will have very useful information to help learn how to identify stamps!
Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Massimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got the information about the lip on the Swedish Tiger website, that's why I think the top stamp on the scan is a 482A type 1A ,I just wanted to say that, also I am not Blind yet, unfortunately I just can't see like everybody else.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6832 Posts
Posted 09/20/2021   12:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your stamp is a type I not a type Ia. Forget the lips. The top line of the front Togo rope and the button are thick on a Type Ia. Your stamp is a Type I which means Scott which means 409 or 482 depending upon there being a SL watermark or no watermark. The color of the stamp suggests 482.

PS: the Swedish Tiger is chock full of errors. I would not use that site as a reference to confirm rare stamps. There are many other better resources.

Edited by rogdcam - 09/20/2021 12:23 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6832 Posts
Posted 09/20/2021   12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2470 Posts
Posted 09/20/2021   09:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If it is Scott's 482A you can trade it in for a new corvette - good luck !
Pillar Of The Community
United States
529 Posts
Posted 09/20/2021   09:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Massimo: A long time friend of mine also had vision problems. He passed away a few years ago but he used a huge monitor with increased fonts to see better. He also tried a special application for zooming in and a reader that resembled an overhead projector but it displayed items on his monitor. In his case the VA helped him get this stuff. Unfortunately, I don't know the make of model or the equipment he had.

Have you explored getting a larger monitor or set up of this type?
Edited by jconey - 09/20/2021 09:55 am
Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 09/20/2021   9:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Massimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone and thank you all for your replies, first of all I want to apologise to Rogdcam with my reply to his comment, I was just angry because my eyes era not in great shape and it drives me crazy not been able to see properly, at the moment I just reacted but I had no intention to offend you in any way, also I want to thank Jconey for the advise about the monitor I have a Mac with a 21 inch monitor, so I will be getting a laser surgery in another month or so, my wife convince to get it done, I didn't do it before because I have to see what the Surgeon is doing at the same time YES I was very scared, anyway thank you so much for all your help and I appreciate all the opinions given to me, hopefully in the near future I will be posting some nice stamps that I do have and keep enjoying this wonderful hobby.

Giuliano
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 407Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05