Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Somemany Old To My Collection.613? Possible

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 461Next Topic  
Valued Member
South Africa
46 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   06:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rafmal to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi guys, we are all well today.
just want to share these few stamps that I just purchased. I still have to go trough them . I will when I get a chance. just enjoying them for now there are some good possible Rarities

Send note to Staff

Learn More...
9772 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   07:13 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The odds of finding a 613 is about the same as finding a mokele-mbembe.

You can read more about the 613 here (towards bottom of page) https://stampsmarter.org/1847usa/ByYear/1923.html
Don

Edit;

Cover from 1981 expedition to find a mokele-mbembe - they were not successful. https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...a74f8ad8207/

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
South Africa
46 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rafmal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@51studebaker
yeah its a chance of a life time and as long as I collect Stamps , or anyone else , we will always in the back of our head remember that , when we find a stamp that looks similar to a Rare stamp, we cant help but to think, what if this is it? so yeah im Always hopeful, and so are you and you... where will the fun of stamp collecting be if we never Always hope to find something Rare.
here are some close up for you
and thank you for your comment

Learn More...
9772 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   10:59 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... cant help but to think, what if this is it? so yeah im Always hopeful, and so are you and you... where will the fun of stamp collecting be if we never Always hope to find something Rare.

It is fine if treasure hunting is what flips your switch, we support everyone here regardless of their collecting motivation.

But many of us do not collect in hopes of finding a rarity because we understand that we will never find a 613. And since finding a rarity is something that very few people will ever experience, we like to encourage attributes that we know the hobby can deliver for everyone. Attributes like learning history, other cultures, art, etc.

Unsolicited Suggestion: if you want to get opinions on a possible 613, try posting higher resolution images (scans) of both front and back and the results of whatever discovery you have already completed.
Don
Valued Member
South Africa
46 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   12:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rafmal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah I no, I good photos will make a diff to identify , but I was just wanting to show what I added to my collection , thats all in this topic until I get a chance to see if I have anything good.
thanks @ 51studebaker
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
289 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   5:56 pm  Show Profile Check johnsim03's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The odds of finding a 613 is about the same as finding a mokele-mbembe.

Don, one of the reasons I love the SCF Community is that I learn something new almost every day...

I had no clue about this expedition and find the whole story fascinating.

John
Pillar Of The Community
United States
786 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, thank you, Don, for the education! I've heard of Airmail, Rocket Mail, Tin Can Mail.... but Pygmy Mail???? Boy, talk about special delivery!!!
Valued Member
Australia
131 Posts
Posted 09/22/2021   09:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StevieG to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cryptozoology, now there is a topical collection that grabs my interest. The closest I could find of a mokele-mbembe on a stamp is this one from the People's Republic of the Congo. Not my stamp....yet!

Other descriptions of this "animal" resemble Fred Flinstone's workhorse.

Rafmal, maybe some nice Zeppelins in the pages you have shown.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 461Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05