Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have A Bunch Of Stamps And Am Unsure The Value… Any Advice Will Be Greatly Appreciated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 329Next Topic  

3 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add skifan28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all. I just wanted to thank everyone for any advice they can pass along to me. I have received a large collection of old stamps from a family
Member and was unsure the value. I have had these for many years and am moving and want to part ways with them. I know the overwhelming majority of them likely have no value and are just old stamps. Some of the older ones I thought looked the most interesting I have posted below. I'd appreciate any feedback because as I understand it, the difference between value and not is something only experimenting collectors can identify. This is far from my area of expertise so any information I'd appreciated!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   11:38 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello. I'm afraid that these are penny stamps. No skiing holiday.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
3 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add skifan28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for the response! I figured as much but wanted to ask some experts what they thought! Thank you for the quick response. If you have any advice on next steps I'd appreciate it. I honestly probably have 500 of these and have no idea what to do with them.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

As Geoff said, these are very common stamps.

Several appear to be damaged. Tears, folds, etc. As such they're destined for the dust bin.

Options: Start collecting. Donate. Toss.

Learn More...
9772 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   12:33 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Or artwork (like Decoupage) as seen here https://stampsmarter.org/learning/H...coupage.html
Don
3 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add skifan28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome idea! Thank you to all who responded. I will be giving them to a local shop to hand out. Hopefully they can give them to a kid whose interested in the hobby! Appreciate all the info.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33071 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will be giving them to a local shop to hand out.

Good choice!
You are a good man.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 329Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05