Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

(Mis)adventures In Philately

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,805Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
663 Posts
Posted 09/24/2021   12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarnick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my case, I was viewing a beautiful pair of Newfoundland #1 when the pair fell from my tongs and started towards the floor. Instinctively, I attempted to catch the pair with the tongs in mid-air and was successful...cutting both stamps in half.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1193 Posts
Posted 09/24/2021   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another was when I was cutting postage from envelopes, only to discover that one of them had a souvenir sheet in it which was ruined. Since that I always double check for contents.

I did this a couple of years ago. Thankfully only a couple of inexpensive postal cards got chopped in the process.
Pillar Of The Community
566 Posts
Posted 09/24/2021   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel deep pain and sorrow reading many of these. Now where did I put that business card for the Stamp Trauma Support Group?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3153 Posts
Posted 09/25/2021   07:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Post Traumatic Stamp Damage Syndrone,.
Al
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 09/25/2021   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stephen J Bukowy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many years ago, purchased a very nice Scott US 133. Put it in my shirt pocket for safekeeping. Unfortunately forgot about it until after the shirt went through the washer and dryer. Stamp was clean but not so nice afterward.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,805Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05