Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Czechoslovakia 1920 Masaryk Issue

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 145Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
818 Posts
Posted 09/22/2021   3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add backroads to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This issue exists in three values and has a Scott notation that the imperfs "were not regularly issued". Finding this one value on piece, with a 1921 postmark, does lead me to ask whether or not this series and others with a similar notation were available to the public and if they could be used on correspondence? My presumption is that the cancelled ones are most likely "philatelic" in nature. One stamp collector to another, as it were.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3191 Posts
Posted 09/22/2021   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find you made. On the issue below:
Postage stamps used

Stamps of 500 and 1000 h were used to pay for parcels, for parcel guides, often in combination with stamps of other editions.
Exceptionally, 1000 h of a stamp cut in half in the vertical direction were used (Hubenec, Košice). Due to the high values, we usually find these marks on money (valuable) letters. Stamps were also used to pay for heavier shipments abroad.
Stamps of 125 h usually appear on letters as a recommendation surcharge (registered letter).
Similar to the unissued 25 h stamp (Hrad#269;any) in ultramarine color, the 125 h ultramarine stamp was also used seldom to pay for shipments.
Stamps imperforated, not officially issued, used do not appear.

http://www.tomfijala.cz/csrI1918-19...920/P140.htm
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by perf12 - 09/22/2021 4:31 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
818 Posts
Posted 09/23/2021   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add backroads to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you perf12. Exactly the information that I was looking for. I think that I shall most likely stick with my unconfirmed guess that it was a collector to collector mailing.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 145Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05