Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone In St.louis Area?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 373Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
89 Posts
Posted 09/28/2021   02:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stlspidey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wondering if anyone else is from here and where to shop locally.
Thanks
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
44 Posts
Posted 09/28/2021   1:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wshuwahere77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm from Chicago but when I went to the Great American Stamp Show I met with a dealer hpphilatelics. They are from St Louis, mentioned a show coming up in March in St Louis I think.

http://www.hbphilatelics.com/cart/

I don't think they have a physical store though but I liked their material. Us Classics, used and mint.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 09/28/2021   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stlspidey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing that.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
965 Posts
Posted 09/28/2021   8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
St Louis area is actually set up pretty sweet for stamp collecting, IMHO.

To add to what was mentioned:

David Semsrott has a walk in store in nearby Kirkwood (suburb of St Louis). Can't speak for his inventory or prices, but surely worth a looksee.
http://www.davidsemsrott.com/index.php

Also, the Greater Mound City Stamp Club hosts shows and events, as well as a monthly stamp bourse.
https://greatermoundcity.org/

There are, I think, a couple local-ish stamp clubs in the area as well.

Although I live in Missouri, I am too far away to take advantage of all these resources on a regular basis. If I lived closer, I'd surely be able to keep myself busy though.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
821 Posts
Posted 09/28/2021   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ukph1840 and zuluwar24 are sellers on eBay who live in St. Louis. You could message them.

There is a stamp club down the road in Columbia.

The St. Louis Bears can be found here: http://www.stlouisbears.org/

Besides David Straight and Dr. Nettles who were founders, there are others of known names who have been or are members. For example, G. Scott Ward, who passed in 2019. was the person described as, "A member in 2009, who had never exhibited before, received a Gold the first time out." Scott went on the win many gold awards and large gold awards when Large/Small Golds was introduced for later iterations of his Usages of US Parcel Post Stamps 1913-1926. With the 2019 Great American Stamp Show providing his last gold, a Large Gold Award a few days after his early and untimely death.

They, the St. Louis Bears, can point you in other directions as well.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 09/29/2021   07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stlspidey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 373Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05