Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott #923 With Stray Dot

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 463Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
194 Posts
Posted 10/01/2021   2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not a big deal but this was easily seen without magnifying and caught my attention.
This was recently received addressed to me however as in many cases they didn't cancel the stamps.
I'm guessing the three 30 cent stamps are from the top row of a booklet pane of twenty, would that be correct?
The stamp to the right has a stray red dot which stands out quite well because the leaf is made up of dots.

Cheers, Bill

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8018 Posts
Posted 10/01/2021   2:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice indeed!

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/01/2021   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill
I have always looked for "extra" and "missing" dots on all my stamps.
Take a look at the picture I added...Not to belittle your post, cause that stamp is really neat...A keeper for sure.

Send it to me...haha

Robert

Edited by wert - 10/01/2021 3:05 pm
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
Posted 10/01/2021   3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to be the offspring of the other dots... maybe a baby dot?
Valued Member
Canada
275 Posts
Posted 10/01/2021   8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EasyOne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GMC89; If it is a baby dot, I suspect it is a dotter and not a son

EasyOne
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1347 Posts
Posted 10/01/2021   11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hounddog Bills extra dot looks more like an apostrophe-<b>'</b>.
But then Robert enclosed it with a circle and it now appears like tke red yang portion in the central circle of Korean flag. Although the color blue is replaced by white.

Nice little find.
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/02/2021   09:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill
Great sense of humour from these guys...Fun.
Up close it looks like a cheesy...Sorry..Could not resist

But, you do have a keeper.
Robert

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1338 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two with sloppy red ink.

Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Neat BlackJag
I was not aware there were so many oddities with this stamp.

Darn..Now I got to start looking at mine again.
Robert
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 463Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05