Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Online Collection Tracker

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,643Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7385 Posts
Posted 10/03/2021   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 10/03/2021   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stlspidey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34083 Posts
Posted 10/03/2021   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there a place I can create a want list online?

Two of the easiest.
Ebbay describe the stamp required, or the set, or the collection.
Then "save that search" and you will be notified when they come for sale.

Auction
Find a local or desired stamp auctioneer, and indicate your collecting interests.

Prior to auction, all your appropriate results are there for browsing

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
600 Posts
Posted 10/03/2021   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I asked a similar question about want lists some time ago. My opinions are mixed.

SAN provides saved searches. eBay, Hip, SAN have email alerts. My opinion is use them. They mostly work. In short, revealing the intentions to a dealer on stamps you want if they are particularly uncommon, will probably not be a cost benefit to you, but may help you locate them. If you saw the item auctioned historically you can track items down back through the house as well, sometimes with success, and open a dialog with them fostering a deal where the original owner is anonymous.

Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 10/04/2021   12:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stlspidey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What is SAN?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34083 Posts
Posted 10/04/2021   02:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is SAN?

Stamp Auction Network
https://stampauctionnetwork.com/auctions.cfm
Edited by rod222 - 10/04/2021 02:20 am
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 10/04/2021   02:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stlspidey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Valued Member
United States
317 Posts
Posted 10/04/2021   11:43 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use Google Docs to track many things and have a Sheet for my stamp collection and my cover collection. Very versatile and customizable. Neat to know I have 82.8% of my volume I completed. Here's a screenshot of the first 13 rows. I am very much and integrator / synthesizer of information and so have used many sources to create this and as a consequence have learned a great deal about the material. Very handy to have in my pocket at bourses and auctions. Can edit this on a large display as well. I also track stamps I've set aside for my daughters collections. Here's a screenshot:

Any one else use a spreadsheet?

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34083 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

This is what you get with an Image based Inventory

Searches : Global-Country-Thematic-Cata Num- Variety
Search time 500,000 stamps, intial circa 15 seconds, secondry search 2 seconds.
Want list: simply add Text string "wanted"
Can carry to auctions, clubs.
Trivial manual input, scan plus Cat Num, year, Thematic? value variety if any

An image is worth 1000 words......

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3276 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use StampManage because I own it and runs on my local system. Photobucket was free....the problem is that free online sites can go away.

StampMamage can create output that can reside online.

Al
Edited by angore - 10/06/2021 07:46 am
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   09:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stlspidey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So rod222 can you pm me how you did that? Thanks
Valued Member
United States
473 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   10:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What I have is less important that what I'm missing, to me. I just use Excel to track what I need, with country, year, and catalog number. Very satisfying to see the list shrink and the albums grow.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stlspidey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey angore will that work on a chromebook?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7756 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stispidey, almost anything that works on a laptop works on a chromebook. You are like most of us - no idea about computers.
Tell us about yourself. Do you have children, or better yet, grandchildren? If you have any teenagers in the neighborhood, they might be able to help you
Also, a local stampclub can be of great help!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6108 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   1:17 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One thing I finally grew out of was the small boy's love of making lists, which had grown into the young man's love of making lists of breathtaking complexity. Only took me fifty years. These days, I might put a tick in a catalogue or scribble the odd missing item in a piece of paper. Of course, living's mainly wasting time, as Townes van Zandt sang, so I shouldn't like to criticise anyone else's chosen time-spender.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,643Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05