Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Hibernian Catalogue US Retail Sellers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 761Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8778 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello my friends. I am looking for a retailer in the US that sells the 2020 Hibernian catalogue. Thus far I have come up empty. Suggestions?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
732 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two seconds on eBay got me this, from California: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Hiber...154589892233
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8778 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   9:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Classic but that is the 2002 edition.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
732 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   9:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, well that what two seconds got me, lol. Clicked the 2002 thinking I had clicked the 2020 right above it (Dutch seller). Sorry. Will keep an eye out.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4711 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by redwoodrandy - 10/10/2021 10:01 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2055 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   10:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That site looks very sketchy. Makes me wonder if the Hibernian they sell is forged. In any case, I would not post my personal and financial info on their site.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2055 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This group states they sell the 2020 catalog, and it seems to be based in New Jersey:

https://eirephilatelicassoc.org/hib...ireland-2020

https://eirephilatelicassoc.org/abo...-association

Edited by shermae - 10/10/2021 10:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
511 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   10:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Went to the web site. They sell every..........thing.

Got burned by a similar looking site not too long ago. Everything looked o.k.; even went through paypal. The minute I hit pay, the funds transferred. Haven't heard from them since. What looked to be located here, went to a company in china.

Not saying this one isn't legit, but I'd do some research.

(key is "this site is too new")
Edited by patg23 - 10/10/2021 10:45 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4711 Posts
Posted 10/10/2021   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8778 Posts
Posted 10/11/2021   12:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shermae- That Eire Philatelic Association looks perfect. Many thanks!
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1867 Posts
Posted 10/11/2021   02:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got mine directly from the source, last week.

I note that there are some improvements: some issue dates not given in my old 2009 issue have been added, some illustrations have been added, there are more s/a=strips with labels. The listing of booklet stamps with imperforate edges has been extended. There remain a few gaps (it still fails to mention the sideways watermarks on the 1934 continuous coils), but I think it is a great handbook.

I was considering going for the 2025 edition. However, earlier this year, Roy wrote "The latest (and last!) edition is the 2020 (won Gold at Stampa in Dublin!)." It looks like he is not expecting to continue publishing the handbook.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8778 Posts
Posted 10/11/2021   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NSK - Thank you for that info. I had also read that through a collaborative effort with SG there is now plating info for the overprint stamps?
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1867 Posts
Posted 10/11/2021   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Quoting from the FOREWORD:

A major step has been achieved in the cataloguing of the Low Value Overprints: a correlation of the Irish overprint plates to the basic GB Plates and Controls for the period, along with descriptions to identify the relevant GB Plates, using the official numbers as opposed to the previous, rather nebulous, "philatelic plate" numbers. This has never been pubnlished in this form before and I am grateful for the kind co-operation of Stanley Gibbons in this project, including the use of the Stanley Gibbons Numbering System (c) for the Plates. This has long been a dream of mine finally brought to fulfillment. "Thank You" SG!

Pages 234 - 237. Also noted pages 232 - 233: IDENTIFICATION of the OVERPRINT SETTINGS.

Edit: correct page numbers.
Edited by NSK - 10/12/2021 04:04 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8778 Posts
Posted 10/11/2021   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you NSK.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
568 Posts
Posted 10/12/2021   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stay clear of the wcryptohey website. Indications of back-end traffic between this site and others known for trafficking in counterfeit goods, among other things.

Note Added: the longer we look the more red flags appear.
Edited by jconey - 10/12/2021 4:05 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8778 Posts
Posted 10/12/2021   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jconey. I never clicked on the link. I did join the Eire Philatelic Association. Looks good. Love their website and lots of info, links and publications for $20/year.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 761Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05