Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Information Sought On Area Of Use Of Registration Label For London Ec 19.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 413Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 10/17/2021   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Rod, this area was heavily bombed during WWII. There is a listed building at the corner with Cheapside for which the records state it was damaged during the war. Google Maps' street view shows some modern buildings. This post office may have been destroyed during the war.

Interesting suggestion NSK, and valid,
do I recall Perkins Bacon was also bombed ? And certain plates and information failed to survive.

That said, it should appear in written records, somewhere, but very notable in its absence.
I am tempted to write to the GB Phil society.

The 2 glaring queries for me, in this thread.

Where is the information on King Street BO ?
Where is the information on numbers of the sub offices, identified in Ron's post
This MUST exist somewhere.... I want it

Quote:
Basically, when registration labels were introduced in 1907, town sub-offices were identified on the labels by the name of the town (or London district) and a sub-office number (allocated by the local head postmaster according to whatever system seemed best to them). So in this case 19 is simply the sub-office identifier in London E.C. for the King Street office.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 10/17/2021 3:00 pm
Pillar Of The Community
1115 Posts
Posted 10/17/2021   3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I know Thomas De La Rue's Bunhill Row factory was bombed

https://www.delarue.com/about-us/our-history-orig

Perkins Bacon went out of business in 1935
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 413Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05