Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

HR Harmer Shipping Times

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 897Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
579 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   08:01 am  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add wheelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was a 1st time participant in the recent H R Harmer auction and won one lot. My question is about the processing and shipping time. I was not overly expectant on fast shipping due to the shear volume of the lots. It has now been 12 days and the only thing that is showing is a label and tracking number created with FedEx. It appears that the package, a 41 lb. box is still setting at HRH. So - is this the norm for HRH?
BTW - my payment was processed last Friday.
Thanks for commenting, Paul
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5591 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   08:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Large lots are usually shipped last by stamp auction firms ,12 days are normal for me over the years .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1572 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   08:39 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Call them, if they've charged your card they should ship. I don't remember Harmer as being slow but it occasionally happens.

Ken
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   09:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Likely a labor issue given the current situation. Unless Epting is in the trenches schlepping boxes around.
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Richard Frajola to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Charles packed and delivered to Fedex over 40 very large shipping boxes when he picked up just the Challenger collection portion of the sale. All was handled very efficiently for the estate.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
579 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   11:18 am  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for the feedback. Sounds like normal. Just wanted to make sure nothing was amiss.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5978 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   11:25 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It can be worth checking in my experience - the capacity of an accounts department to fail to tell a despatch department that payment's been received shouldn't be underestimated.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
817 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If the White House announces, as it did in the last 48 hours, it cannot control the "slow" package handling time of the USPS nor FedEx and UPS, then what chance does a small auction company have?

FedEx will eventually come through, but ground service can be slow.
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I live near the intersection of Interstate 35, which runs Minnesota to Texas, and Interstate 80, which runs New Jersey to California. The number of big trucks on the road is higher than I have ever seen in my life!

My niece works in the HR department of a nationwide trucking firm. They have job openings for 200 more truck drivers. They can't find them. Everybody needs more truck drivers.

It is the middle of October. We are now in the middle of the Christmas shopping and shipping season. This is the new normal. Expect slow shipping from now to the end of the year, at least.

Linus

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fedex/UPS/USPS retail deliveries and other OTR freight are two entirely different issues that are being conflated whether for political purposes or not. The big three can get the goods from Harmer to you if a pickup is scheduled. No doubt there is an arrangement to pickup as much as possible at once. Getting your new TV from a container ship to a warehouse is a different proposition. Either way fuel cost, wage pressure and Government mandates are going to make things very difficult and pricey for the foreseeable future.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
579 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   5:24 pm  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just got notice this afternoon that the box was picked up at 4:05 today. Scheduled delivery is by end of day Monday.
Thanks again for all the feedback.
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   07:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gizzmo4222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a similar experience with Harmer. I paid for my lots on Oct.4th and a shipping label was created on the 8th. I asked them to let me know when shipped so I could be home to sign. On the 12th I emailed them to find out when my lots were going to be shipped. No reply until the 15th when they said that Fedex had rejected their label, They reshipped on the 15th with anticipated arrival date on the 19th. Thats 2 weeks after they got my money. This is not the norm for them.
On the bright side I paid for lots from Aldrich on the 11th and then
actually had them in my hands on the 15th. Thats pretty good from Arizona to Indiana. Hats off to Jan and her shipping staff !!
The best is still Rasdale. I always have my lots in 4-5 days after I pay
I guess with the holidays approaching we are to expect even more delays according to the post office.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   07:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just be thankful it was not Spink NYC.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2458 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just be thankful it was not Spink NYC

No kidding.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 897Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05