Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

United States Postage 1c How Much Is It Worth?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 352Next Topic  

3 Posts
Posted 10/15/2021   08:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add danish guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello! Im new in stamp world. But I inherited some stamps from my grandmother.

Can someone plese tell me the value og these 15 stamps.

rpcoNdk5CnA
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7724 Posts
Posted 10/15/2021   08:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice movie clip, but of no value to see what you have. You need still pictures for ID-ing.
Having said that, it looks like you have a common mixture there, but a very nice start to a collection.
Welcome to the forum,

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
3 Posts
Posted 10/15/2021   08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danish guy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply and welcome!

I'm new to the stamp world, can I ask you what determines the price andre rareness. For an example this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174479095082
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3762 Posts
Posted 10/15/2021   08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What you have shown is a very unwise seller with no clue as to what they have. Anyone can ask any price for anything, but it is only worth what someone will pay for it. Look at actual sales to see what someone is willing to pay. What I see in that eBay listing is worth less than one penny. Check out some catalogs at your local library to get an idea of what the very best examples may be worth. But be aware that catalogs are mostly used to identify stamps, not to give reasonable sales prices. Good luck.
Edited by Partime - 10/15/2021 08:38 am
Pillar Of The Community
1125 Posts
Posted 10/15/2021   08:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are a lot of lunatics in the world. Some even act on the internet and ask ridiculous prices for common stamps. A high asking price on eBay does not guarantee rarity or value,

Rareness is determined by numbers printed and numbers preserved.
Price is determined by supply and demand. And then there are dealers and catalogue editors that "price" stamps. You will find prices realised tend to be much lower than catalogue prices. Many times, the catalogue price can be reasonable for a stamp that is difficult to find in good condition and you want some guarantee you are buying one such.

How sad! Read his remarks to this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1922-Georg...174481876191
I love the reasoning of the seller. I also love he wants to send an item that costs almost 100,000 by ordinary mail, probably in an ordinary cover.
Edited by NSK - 10/15/2021 08:53 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
365 Posts
Posted 10/15/2021   09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When the seller gets $114,000 for that stamp, let us know.

There is a very rare stamp that looks like the pictured stamp (4 or 5 copies known). One tells them apart by perforation, watermark, printing method, subtlety of color. There were billions of stamps that look like it printed, and it is unlikely that your stamp or the one at auction is one of the rare ones. To learn mor go to stampsmarter.com
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1572 Posts
Posted 10/15/2021   10:39 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The image below shows this guys sales for the last 90 days ie. none

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 352Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05