Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Older Details Or Endétail Canada Post Magazine In PDF

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 359Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
5 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   07:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add nialat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, and I'm doing a come back to philately after stoping for several years. I would like to know if any of you have past (pre 2015) pdf copies of the details or endétail magazines? They are not available anymore on the Canada Post site. I would prefer the French versions but would also take the English version if I can't find the French ones.
Thanks
Alain
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Alain, and welcome back to the hobby and to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy it and the information that abounds here. Great discussions and people using it.

What issue/year are you looking for? I have most of the actual magazines and can scan a couple for you if you would like. Sorry, but have English only, unless it contains both as issued by P.O. at counter.

Mike
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by No1philatelist - 10/16/2021 10:32 am
Valued Member
Canada
5 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   2:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nialat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Mike,

Thanks for your offer, there is no particular issue that I'm looking for, I just like reading about why a stamp was issued. Since you have the hard copies, please do not bother scanning them, it's too much work. But if somebody has the pdf versions, I'd surely would love copies of them.

Thanks

Alain
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Alain, I forgot that I could not send you a scanned copy until you hit 50 posts first in order for your email to become active. Its the rules.
I also doubt there is a database of that material out there on the web as it is copyrighted to Canada Post. But you also could try the Postal archives or the Vincent Graves Green Foundation Library. They surley would probably have hard copies also.

Mike
Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 10/17/2021   01:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teawithpuppets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
***Removed links to site which steals and violates copyright laws***
Edited by teawithpuppets - 10/17/2021 02:25 am
Valued Member
Canada
5 Posts
Posted 10/17/2021   05:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nialat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link!
Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 10/18/2021   09:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teawithpuppets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure how ***removed*** is illegal or is copyright infringement. I guess I missed this somewhere. Or maybe I broke the 50 posts rule - to which I am sorry. Thought I was being helpful.
Edited by teawithpuppets - 10/18/2021 09:45 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
593 Posts
Posted 10/18/2021   10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I may have not understood the cancellation of the post, but I don't think there is copyright infringement for a publication that was free at the time of release (such as Details magazine) and the expected use is not commercial.
Learn More...
9922 Posts
Posted 10/18/2021   10:28 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It takes websites without asking. It also 'allegedly' infringed on copyright laws in 2020 when it opened it libraries to everyone with the justification that due to COVID authors and publishers should give away their rights (again without asking). I say 'allegedly' because the law suit is still pending with a court date of next month. They are trying to settle as we speak.
Anyone who has poured significant amounts of time and money into a website only to have them steal it and republish without asking understands why they suck. But I guess those who get the websites for free do not care and will defend them.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/03/8688...infringement
Don
Valued Member
Canada
9 Posts
Posted 10/18/2021   3:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teawithpuppets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I know it's off topic to the conversation, but Canada Post content was meant for the public and paid for by our taxes. I think we are comparing apples to oranges - but your house, your rules. I appreciate you at least now explaining the rationale even if I disagree. Kind of shocked when I saw it removed and I fully understood if we were talking about a Philately book - but these are essentially public documents. However I will abide by POV even I disagree. I will refrain from linking to the Way Back Machine in the future on any post. Thanks for providing more information.
Edited by teawithpuppets - 10/18/2021 3:03 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 359Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05