Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do You Organize/Display Perfins?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 663Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
817 Posts
Posted 10/18/2021   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Vario 25 count Professional Pack is real

Actually rodgcam as I said prior to your in accurate comment:
Quote:
The maker of Vario to my knowledge does not sell "professional packs" of 25, just standard packs of 5.

A call to Lighthouse publications this morning (my time) verified my statement which has been edited above by strike-through to be stronger and fully accurate.

As I expected, the "professional pack of 25" is not an original Lighthouse product but an after market creation by third party sellers.

If you still dispute this, give Dawn at Lighthouse a call yourself.

However this again underscores my point that what is on Amazon in too many areas is sellers moving product that departs from the truth in naming, quality or veracity of product. Even you fell for the misleading name.

Lighthouse will be beginning their normal year end sale of 20% off sometime mid-November. The actual date has not been set but the end date continues to be on the Rev. MLK Jr. Holiday weekend.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/18/2021   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
God this is tiring. Are they real Vario pages or not? Who cares how they are packaged. 5, 10, 25, 50, 589, 2036..... Jeez

Sellers bundle everything from salad dressing to razors on Amazon and Walmart and, and. and...

It does not mean that they are fake and that was the implication.

Again, are you (PPG saying that the Vario pages in the 25 packs are fakes?

If they are not then what is the point to all of this?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
817 Posts
Posted 10/18/2021   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am saying I do not trust products sold on Amazon. Especially ones being sold below standard wholesale or other market price (knockoffs or stolen?). You cannot believe the photos nor claims on Amazon listings. Why? Because I have never purchased a product from Amazon that was as claimed, and Amazon did not help much if at all for trying to recoup my money. After a number of such tries, I found that not using Amazon was less costly than using it.

Additionally knock-offs are much more likely to come from 3rd parties than the original manufacturer. As to the seller you linked, I would call and question before I made an order. Sellers are fungible, if they in fact they are selling the same goods.

How bad can it be? I even called the Nursery in New Jersey, using the phone number in the Amazon listing to see if the floral material was in stock. Guess my surprise when the items came from China without proper import clearance and in a dead and rotten state. I turn it all over to federal authorities as it was in violation of USDA laws. The only indication the purchase was to be made from China was the purchase button which was labeled, "Click to Buy" which I later found out from Amazon was a China based 3rd party seller with the business name of "Click to Buy."

I have no interest in learning years from now my so called archival materials were in fact non-archival knockoffs when my expensive material have been damaged.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/18/2021   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Better let Walmart and Wizard know they are selling Vario knock-offs. Or are they. I am lost at this point. Is this about quantities in the packaging or do you know that the Professional pack's are fake Vario's.

Meh, I am moving on.

Cheers
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33628 Posts
Posted 10/18/2021   10:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazon copied products and rigged search results to promote its own brands, documents show.

https://www.reuters.com/investigate...dia-rigging/
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Somehow this went off the rails into Amazon territory. The 25 packs are sold by Golden Valley and Coinweek (for currency) and so on.

Can we get back on track?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 663Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05