Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

13 Pages Of Stamps (Japan, Africa, Usa, Eu, China, Australia, Etc). Any Stamp Worth A Closer Look?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 386Next Topic  

Netherlands
2 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add DutchMilo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I inherited 2 albums from my dad. In his turn, he inherited at least some stamps from his niece.

- Album 1 I am not sure about, so I attached pictures of all 13 pages to this post. You can also view the high-resolution pictures in this Google album: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...SDJjVDlIMk5B

I mostly want someone knowledgeable to briefly glance at the pages. Are any stamps worth a closer look? Or can I safely donate the entire album to a thrift store?

At least a few stamps are from the late 1800s. I spent about 2 hours looking up stamps, and I think the Japanese ones from 1913 are worth more than pennies, but I am not sure. If there are some gems in there (unlikely) I'll even send a finder's fee to show my appreciation.

Stamps are more or less grouped by country:
  • British colonies, Japan/Asia/China
  • USA, Canada, Singapore, Hongkong
  • Romania, Hungary, Polish, Sweden, Czech
  • Scandinavian, Germany
  • Australia, Ceylon, India, Pakistan, Middle East
  • Asia, Laos, Uganda, New Zealand
  • Belgium, Africa, San Marino, Andorra
  • Germany, France
  • Italy, Austria, Portugal
  • Italy, UK, Ireland
  • New Zealand, Australia, miscellaneous
  • Spain, Swiss, Eastern Europe/Cyrillic/Greek?
Album with high-res versions of the pictures below: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...SDJjVDlIMk5B

British colonies, Japan/Asia/China:

USA, Canada, Singapore, Hongkong:

Romania, Hungary, Polish, Sweden, Czech

Scandinavian, Germany

Australia, Ceylon, India, Pakistan, Middle East:

Asia, Laos, Uganda, New Zealand:

Belgium, Africa, San Marino, Andorra:

Germany, France:

Italy, Austria, Portugal:

Italy, UK, Ireland:

New Zealand, Australia, miscellaneous

Spain, Swiss, Eastern Europe/Cyrillic/Greek? :

Album with high-res versions of the pictures above: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...SDJjVDlIMk5B

- Album 2 are post-ww2 stamps from The Netherlands and their colonies (Aruba, Curacao, Netherlands New Guinea, Surinam etc.). I can safely assume they are worthless, right?
Send note to Staff
Edited by DutchMilo - 10/16/2021 6:22 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7724 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
- Album 2 are post-ww2 stamps from The Netherlands and their colonies (Aruba, Curacao, Netherlands New Guinea, Surinam etc.). I can safely assume they are worthless, right?

Welcome to the forum. Why would you assume that they are worthless? If nothing else they would most likely be the start of a great hobby for someone.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Netherlands
2 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DutchMilo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Peter. Thanks for the reply.

You're right, they're not worthless. They actually look a lot prettier than the international ones. Here are a few random pages from the second album:

Someone will take them, but I was trying to say: these stamps are not very rare here in The Netherlands. Everyone was collecting stamps here back in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2046 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The older portion of the collection is more of an accumulation but it would be a good starter collection if you had the interest. Or, you could give them to a kid who shows interest in the hobby.

The modern Netherlands Colonies likely has some value as there appear to be complete sets. It's also presented neatly on nice album pages. I cannot tell if the stamps are used, mint hinged, or never hinged though most appear to be mint. The condition will in part determine the value.
Pillar Of The Community
1125 Posts
Posted 10/17/2021   03:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Cyrillic stamps are Bulgarian (Kingdom and NR - People's Republic).

On the first page are a couple of British stamps, the so-called castles and two below that. Depending on the watermark and printing those could be worth something. Looking at the collection, my guess is they are the last issue that has very little value.

The "Nederlandse Antillen" stamps you show are 1960s. Even if a set is priced at 1.80, it is because the catalogue will assign at least something like 40 cents to a single value. Chances are that if they add to 10 for a single year, you will find them offered on eBay for just 2 for the year.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5976 Posts
Posted 10/17/2021   05:48 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Dutch/Dutch Colonies would attract interest on eBay - here, at least - for the albums as well as the stamps themselves.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 386Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05