2 albums from my dad. In his turn, he inherited
at least some stamps from his niece.
- Album 1 I am not sure about, so I attached pictures of all 13 pages to this post. You can also view the high-resolution pictures in this Google album: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...SDJjVDlIMk5B
I mostly want someone knowledgeable to briefly glance at the pages. Are any stamps worth a closer look? Or can I safely donate the entire album to a thrift store?
At least a few stamps are from the late 1800s. I spent about 2 hours looking up stamps, and I think the Japanese ones from 1913 are worth more than pennies, but I am not sure. If there are some gems in there (unlikely) I'll even send a finder's fee to show my appreciation.
Stamps are more or less grouped by country:
- British colonies, Japan/Asia/China
- USA, Canada, Singapore, Hongkong
- Romania, Hungary, Polish, Sweden, Czech
- Scandinavian, Germany
- Australia, Ceylon, India, Pakistan, Middle East
- Asia, Laos, Uganda, New Zealand
- Belgium, Africa, San Marino, Andorra
- Germany, France
- Italy, Austria, Portugal
- Italy, UK, Ireland
- New Zealand, Australia, miscellaneous
- Spain, Swiss, Eastern Europe/Cyrillic/Greek?
Album with high-res versions of the pictures below: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...SDJjVDlIMk5BBritish colonies, Japan/Asia/China:USA, Canada, Singapore, Hongkong:Romania, Hungary, Polish, Sweden, Czech
Scandinavian, GermanyAustralia, Ceylon, India, Pakistan, Middle East:Asia, Laos, Uganda, New Zealand: Belgium, Africa, San Marino, Andorra:
Italy, Austria, Portugal:
Italy, UK, Ireland:
New Zealand, Australia, miscellaneous
Spain, Swiss, Eastern Europe/Cyrillic/Greek? :
Album with high-res versions of the pictures above: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...SDJjVDlIMk5B
- Album 2 are post-ww2 stamps from The Netherlands and their colonies (Aruba, Curacao, Netherlands New Guinea, Surinam etc.). I can safely assume they are worthless, right?