Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Clueless Idiots Running HipStamp

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 2,731Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
United States
806 Posts
Posted 10/20/2021   7:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last October Hip closed a 5 million dollar round of funding.

Quote:
Investors?

Unless it was gifted, the money came from one or more investors, be it an individual, a venture capitol firm or loan generating company such as a regular or investment banking company.

I have it on good authority, and it is a shame, that they were turned down by the group funding Biden's $3.5 trillion package which does not cost any money. My application was also turned down even though I was offering to purchase all various infrastructure pieces needed to restore the pane of US C3a (save the stolen and still missing copy.)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 10/20/2021 7:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7104 Posts
Posted 10/20/2021   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Venture capital firm Next Coast Ventures funded the 5 million.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
809 Posts
Posted 10/20/2021   9:55 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just a quick question - on Hipstamp, are monthly seller fees paid in advance or arrears? Thanks.

In advance. I pay one year in advance which usually provides for some form of discount. Expenses for 'final value fees' are automatically charged to a seller's credit or debit card on a monthly basis.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5308 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   07:19 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update: Hipstamp has stealth removed eBay Sync as one of the listed features on their store subscriptions packages. There is now only a manual upload process to sync back from Hipstamp to eBay. Still no formal communication to sellers whatsoever, and support tickets continue to go unanswered.

I'm done. I couldn't find a place to disable autorenewal on the stores subscription, only to cancel in real time, i.e., forgoing the remaining paid months on the subscription, so that's what I did.

That $5 million sure is going to good use... not. Another example of a promising alternative to eBay blown to smithereens by complete and utter incompetence.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
516 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   08:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Have been on HS for about two weeks. On the first day made a couple of low-dollar, niche area purchases from a single buyer. A successful transaction. Every day thereafter have received multiple emails from HS promoting items allegedly in my area of interest. Not.

Visited HS site this am. Could not determine how to cancel my account. When I entered "cancel account" in the "help" search, the only thing which came up was "cancel transaction".

Is there a simple way of canceling a "buyer" account?

Thank you.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5308 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   08:16 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't appear that you can do it yourself. You have to contact them. (Good luck with that)

https://www.hipstamp.com/terms#:~:t...tore%20page.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
564 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found this in the news dated almost a year ago:

"Hip eCommerce collects $5.33M for collectibles marketplaces: Hip eCommerce, the Raleigh, North Carolina-based startup behind online marketplaces to connect buyers and sellers of collectibles such as stamps, comic books and postcards, said Thursday that it has raised $5.33 million in a Series A round led by Next Coast Ventures. Hip eCommerce said it will use the latest capital infusion to accelerate its product roadmap and build new features. The company operates the websites HipStamp.com, HipComic.com and HipPostcard.com."

Has anyone seen a new feature on their site, all I see/hear about is degradation of services. No improvements. If I were Next Coast Ventures, I'd be asking where my money went.

Not to make excuses for HIP but, one thing I have to mention is that eBay, which is notorious for messing with services linking to it recently changed their API, AGAIN! This is one of the reasons TurboLister and other similar tools are no longer available. They couldn't keep up with the changes.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
516 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   09:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, RevenueCollector.

Sent email *** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. ***

We'll see.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
560 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The reason I asked above whether fees are collected in advance or in arrears is that I tried to cancel my monthly subscription and couldn't find a way to do it. So the first step I took was to delete the credit card used for payment. That action automatically triggered another monthly charge to the card literally within seconds of my action. When I contacted them to cancel and point out that the fee had already been paid in advance for this month, I got no useful reply and no refund. Not a lot of money to be sure but a pretty underhanded way to collect a few more shekels before cancelling my account.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
516 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Good news.

Three hours after submitting "cancelation" request, received confirming email from HS.

Back to eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1525 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
US members can add a layer of insurance by quickly writing a letter to Hip's legal address of record expressly requesting termination of any recurring credit card charges and including the language, "Any written or electronic authorization previously given to automatically charge this account is hereby terminated." To the extent that a credit card charge constitutes an electronic funds transfer that indirectly uses Fedwire or other elements of the US interbanking system, a merchant is obligated to comply with an account holder's express written termination of authorization to charge.

Recurring credit card charge agreements are primarily governed by state law, though the foregoing may help anyway. Hip is incorporated in Delaware, which has no law on these recurring charges. However, an unauthorized charge could constitute a felony under 11 DE Code 903(a)(2). The threat of swearing out a complaint against a merchant for felony credit card fraud usually rapidly brings recurring charges to an end.

Card holders never should be deterred by procedural means that merchants impose to prevent cancellation of recurring charges. You have the law on your side and a simple written notification is all you need to protest or reverse any unauthorized subscription charge. These charges only can go forward commensurate with your intent to maintain the subscription.

Edit: Hip's legal address is:
Hip eCommerce, Inc.
6300 Creedmoor Rd #170 Box 315
Raleigh, NC 27612
United States

Delaware's Division of Corporations has Hip's address for legal service of process in online searchable records. It's a corporation service agent in Wilmington.
Edited by cjpalermo1964 - 10/27/2021 12:50 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33557 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!

I recently terminated Netflix, and cancelled the recurring charge via Paypal.

A couple of weeks later, I then get an email from Netflix, querying why they cannot process my monthly charge.

They obviously had not acted upon my cancel request.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 2,731Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05