Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ceylon Sc# 3 Pair (Printing)

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 580Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1195 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   09:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll try to explain, but in not too good at it
Not sure if this will work I haven't taken much time on it obviously

I'll use this image and multiply it

Shift it about 1/4 mm up and to the left
And get this (now this will be a drastic jump just to show first contact to last
Hopefully you get the idea compared to the stamp in question,maybe
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Just_fella - 10/19/2021 09:59 am
Pillar Of The Community
1115 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please, stop with that eternal trickery. You are using captures of scans. At each stage, there could be an algorithm that changes the image. You then focus os an area, again using a programmed algorithm. It is highly unreliable. It does npot show the whole stamp.
Edited by NSK - 10/19/2021 10:35 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1195 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fair enough, try it yourself
I see no benefit in trying to deceive
Edited by Just_fella - 10/19/2021 10:37 am
Pillar Of The Community
1115 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have no interest in trying it.

If I understand your post, you multiplied an image and overlaid one image on top of the other. That shows the shift is caused by your manipulation not by the difference in the same stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1195 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It would explain the 1/4 mm and the right corner shifting up
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1195 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   10:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
could it be the thickness of the paper affecting the image?
Something affects the image to compensate anyway
Edited by Just_fella - 10/19/2021 11:00 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7079 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   11:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am completely with NSK.

More and more of these topics are getting sidetracked and polluted with this photographic manipulation that adds nothing. It is like a dog with a new toy that will not stop squeaking it.

It does show both sides of how technology can be used. Jaxom (Rick) does amazing work creating plating tools using scans. It is an incredible body of work. And then there is the stuff above. It makes no sense.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1195 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My bad,
Just letting out some air :)
one image here solved something for me
Thanks for that!

Edited by Just_fella - 10/19/2021 3:09 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 580Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05