Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 95 King Edward VII Realizes $32,500 In Siegel Scarsdale Sale

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,211Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was blown away by the bidding on this one. The total with tip came to $38,350. Wow. Scott value is $2100 and Unitrade value is $5250.

https://siegelauctions.com/lots.php...43&page_no=7
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Rogdcam, in the country there is an expression "quality will out" . Which means that the best is always worth more. In my opinion, seems like a lot of money. Then again ...
Cheers m
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another saying is "A fool and his money are soon parted".

But seriously, There were so many drop dead gorgeous stamps in this sale that made estimate and no more. The Jubilee's were amazing examples. Made me swoon I tell ya and I don't collect Canada now.

Safe to say that the 95 is going directly into a collection and not dealers stock.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1026 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   4:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful stamp but that price is just plain goofy. You can buy almost as nice for <10% of that.
Valued Member
Canada
181 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trodent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if it is a typo. Maybe $3250

Trodent
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   7:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope. I watched the auction.
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   8:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Uh....The stamp went closer to 50 grand with taxes, payment to seller website, etc.

I was on the phone with my friend who was involved and he was shocked.
My friend is HUGE stamp buyer/collector/seller...Can not put his name here, but a few on here know who I am talking about.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can not put his name here, but a few on here know who I am talking about.

Justin Trudeau?

Michael Buble?

Justfella?
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Justin Trudeau?

Michael Buble?

Justfella?

That is funny rogdcam..Good one.
BTW his name does start with "J".

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   8:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The two Scott 95's below were sold in the past by Siegel. The first one realized $1000 and the second one realized $950.

Valued Member
433 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The whole sale was to me an outlier, a rush of blood to the head during bidding. Invert the 50c EDVII, it's not perfectly centered. The same could be said of much of the rest of the sale - nice material, but not rare nor the top of its class.

I liked some of the Provinces but didn't buy, and you will notice much of that nice material sold slightly below the optimistic estimates.

Siegel's timing and marketing of the auction was excellent, kudos to them.
Pillar Of The Community
818 Posts
Posted 10/23/2021   10:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wouldn't this just be two stubborn rich people?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/23/2021   11:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
3585 Posts
Posted 10/23/2021   11:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Their prices realized for the classic Canada 1851-1859 pence material (Scott 1-13) were also very impressive.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1319 Posts
Posted 10/23/2021   12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada #31 did very well also.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/23/2021   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maresch has this one in their upcoming auction. It is currently at $375 Canadian.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,211Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05