Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unitrade 893A Stamp Sheet Oddity

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 717Next Topic
Page: of 2
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is a kinda different looking at this Unitrade 893 T1a {Canada Day} a block of 16 stamps
There looks like an accent mark over top of the last "A" of Canada.
This oddity appears in...

Position 2
Position 6
Position 10
Position 14

Look at the pictures added.

Robert

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 10/27/2021 12:16 pm

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33557 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, so any ideas how this may have occurred?

I would have assumed, the flaw would occur on 14 instead of 16
I have no answers.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1229 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, that may be the french spelling?

Rod, I think your right.

Mike
Edited by No1philatelist - 10/26/2021 9:55 pm
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mike
Funny if it was french...

Column one - English
Column two - French??
Column three - English
Column four - English

I don't believe it was intentional French...Just an opinion.

Robert
Edited by wert - 10/26/2021 10:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1229 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   10:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, sorry but read your post again. You did state the positions it occured at.

This oddity appears in...

Position 2
Position 6
Position 10
Position 16

Simple error, anyone can make. Mike
Edited by No1philatelist - 10/26/2021 11:05 pm
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mike..Sorry..I am an idiot..Changed it...Thanks.
Robert
Valued Member
Canada
127 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have exactly the same white spot in the second column of my two sheets. Could someone check if they have a sheet without this imperfection ...

Pollux.
Edited by Pollux - 10/26/2021 10:49 pm
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   10:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pollux..would be interesting to find a sheet without those marks.

Robert
Edited by wert - 10/26/2021 10:51 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1229 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will check mine tonight when I head home. If I find different I will post note tomorrow.

Mike
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1229 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert the number you give is for untagged. Is yours untagged?; otherwise the number should be Unitrade 893a for tagged.

I have not located my sheets yet but did find a lower left full inscription strip of four, and my particular stamp (position 14) does not have the accent, also have several singles with no accent, so it is possible it is a new variety. Will check for others and get scans to post later.

Mike
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mike..Good catch
I have changed the title to 893a..{tagged}..Thanks
Thanks for checking your stamps.
Hope more check their stamps also.

Robert

I believe I may have one or two more..Will check them.
Edited by wert - 10/27/2021 12:21 pm
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found a Block of 8...Tagged...No accent.
Robert

Valued Member
Canada
127 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wert, on the +/- 50 pane available on e-bay, I was able to spot one pane with this anomaly and another one which seems to be.
Anyway, I bought them both out of curiosity. From what I could see of these images on e-bay (low quality) there appears to be a much higher ratio of pane without the anomaly.
A thorough study would be necessary to be able to register this oddity. Good luck!

Pollux.
Edited by Pollux - 10/27/2021 6:03 pm
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A thorough study would be necessary to be able to register this oddity. Good luck!

Got that right Pollux

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1229 Posts
Posted 10/27/2021   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, The sheet you first showed had the inscription trimmrd so it is standared PO stock. No way to know what position it was.

Well there is another thing about that sheet we might consider. Another way to look for that variety as there are four different inscription corners.

The ones I have were lower right and the ones you showed later were upper left. So we have to look at upper right and lower left sheets and see if they may contain it.

Mike
Edit: corrected the inscription block I had at time
Edited by No1philatelist - 10/28/2021 9:56 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1229 Posts
Posted 10/28/2021   10:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, finally found my material. I had some corner inscription mini sheets of the four different positions as well as some of the uninscripted mini sheet. Surprised to say the least that after reviewing the four corner inscripted sheets, I found none containing that accent mark.

But yet all the ones of the uninscripted mini sheets not containing the corner inscription that only had top or bottom print in margin conntained the accent mark in the positions you noted. Unfortunately I did not scann at a high enough resolution to see the accent marks on that sheet. But they are there. Makes a person wonder.! Was there two printings, or done on two different printing machines, having one with 4 full inscription corners and one without inscriptions.

Attached is a copy of the release from the PO about that issue as well as photos of all the different sheets.

I also did find another anomaly on one of the corner blocks. Not scuffed or damaged as there are no marks under magnification and it is under the gloss of the finished paper. Looks like a "snowball." As well there is a triangular shape on the one to the right of it. No doubt all just from a lack of ink coverage.

Mike

Edited by No1philatelist - 10/28/2021 11:08 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 717Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05