Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Posta Romana Unknown Stamp Help! Very Rare?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 463Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
15 Posts
Posted 11/03/2021   02:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bicken.bk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys

I have searched every single forum, google images and I cannot find this stamp that I found in my inherited collection. Could anyone provide some information on this?

Thanks and much appreciated

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France
2055 Posts
Posted 11/03/2021   02:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.
Cut-out from a postal stationery envelope.
This one...or another one.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
15 Posts
Posted 11/03/2021   02:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bicken.bk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh how silly am i, thank you very much!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
525 Posts
Posted 11/03/2021   06:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
bicken.

First off, welcome to the Forum. Hope your recent inheritance leads to many hours of philatelic enjoyment.

Most of the stamps you are asking Forum members to help identify are common issues. While you'll likely wish to obtain a catalogue to support your collecting/identification activities, recommend you also consider downloading a stamp identifier app. Which you should be able to find readily.

Also, the Forum maintains a large archive of prior postings which is easily searchable. One thing that makes the archive such an effective tool is short, clear posting titles. For example, a posting such as "What's this?" is of marginal value to many in the Forum community. By contrast a posting entitled "Romania: stamp without perforations" is more useful.

Happy collecting.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7377 Posts
Posted 11/03/2021   08:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bicken - Most if not all of your posts this far are value centric. I might suggest in a gentle way that you prepare to be disappointed if you are looking for a financial windfall from the stamps. Based upon what has been shown it was a collection of common stamps which is not a bad thing. Those collection types are the norm. Collections full of scarce and valuable stamps are few and far between actually.

What you do have is an amazing start to a thoroughly enjoyable hobby if you are not hung up on searching for $$$$ in it. Sometimes the backstory to these items is where the real value lies. Just a thought.

All the best my friend.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4605 Posts
Posted 11/03/2021   2:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum bicken.bk. Your cards are not rare but I am sure they are collectible. There is NEVER a silly question with philately. Ask away because you won't learn otherwise.

Chimo

Bujutsu
Valued Member
Canada
15 Posts
Posted 11/06/2021   12:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bicken.bk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bujutsu, Rogdcam and Calstamp - I hope you three receive this reply as I cant figure out how to reply separately. Thank you for the warm welcome to the forum and your invaluable advice and comments. Yes, I also possess the Franklin green one cent and Washington red two cents and lots more but I been trying to learn how to identify them.

Yes I also agree with all you guys not to get excited and think I own rare stamps as they are extremely hard to come by. I am spending time reading posts from this forum, tons of information.

Appreciate it guys!

Side note, I actually do enjoy reading about the history and stories about stamps and I've finally found a new hobby since I actually dont have any hobbies besides my dogs so this has been taking up all my free time. Extremely interesting but difficult and complicating to absorb all the technical terms
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7377 Posts
Posted 11/06/2021   12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bicken - I so happy for you to have found the hobby so interesting. Information is an endless quest and there is much to learn all of the time. Have fun!
Valued Member
Canada
15 Posts
Posted 11/06/2021   03:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bicken.bk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rogdcam - more than interesting, very intriguing! I definitely found out early that etsy is by far the worst place to gather information.

Valued Member
United States
471 Posts
Posted 11/06/2021   5:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Etsy?! I'm afraid to ask how you were ever led to believe that would be a site worth looking at for anything stamp-related.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34055 Posts
Posted 11/06/2021   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have bought stamps from Etsy,
a nice place to rummage through occasionally.
Lots overpriced,
but just sometimes random stuff comes up, that is attractive.

Someone on SCF was asking about booklets recently
Grandfather and grandaughter duo selling these...

Others 50 Aussie stamps for $3 etc

Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 463Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05