Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Heritage Breeds Sold Out At Uspa?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 333Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
Posted 11/03/2021   7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Okito to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Tried to buy a pane of these from the US Philatelic Service. They show the stamps only when I do a search but have no opportunity to buy them. Are they sold out? They were released about mid-2021. Eventually bought them on HIP at sightly above face value.

By the way, does anyone also think that their website is pathetically designed and hard to navigate?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
163 Posts
Posted 11/04/2021   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The USPS site seems designed for non-philatelists, which is fine, but there should also be a way for people who know what they want to select it from a simple list of available items. For the latter purpose, I find the USA Philatelic magazine much easier.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
163 Posts
Posted 11/05/2021   6:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Heritage Breeds did seem to sell quickly. You might contact various smaller post offices in your area, one may still have a pane available.
Valued Member
47 Posts
Posted 11/24/2021   9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
USPS site while not as easy to navigate as the catalog can be navigated for philatelic purposes. I suggest clicking Shop and in the drop-down menu "Collectors" there it is arranged more for collectors than non-philatelists. Also to the right are various check-off boxes to better navigate. If you want to view only those stamps in coil format, you can check under Format to the left "Coils" and coil stamps will appear.

Another excellent feature of the USPS that I do NOT see at other worldwide postal services sites I have looked at thus far is the Product Specs section under each stamp (below the Description. A comprehensive summary of the stamp's features and printing process. Here is one example for the 2013 Inverted Jenny $2 souvenir sheet that is still on sale - again select Product specs - https://store.usps.com/store/produc...reinfofooter

Another great filter on the USPS site is year of issue. I selected the boxes for 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. You will see stamps that would be hard to find at local post offices as some of these simply don't sell well (I have been having that problem finding the Saving Endagered Species semiu-postal while the Breast Cancer semi-postal is easy to find.)
Go to this link - https://store.usps.com/store/result...estid=484915

So I agree the site is not entirely user-friendly but with patience you will be surprised what you may find. Generally it matches the catalog. The only items that may not show on the catalog and site are a few issues that are still permitted to be sold at post offices (for example all denominations of the American Crafts low denomination stamps will be available at post offices until Dec 31 and then the 4, 5 and 10 cents ones will not --- only place to get those will be entirely from the secondary market and stamp dealers). The only way to possibly learn of this directly from USPS is to scroll at the bottom and in the small print they have "Newsroom" which actually is an engaging resource with recorded podcasts and all recent announcements. But it is a bit buried in the site. Go to this link for the USPS Newsroom - https://about.usps.com/newsroom/

Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 333Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05