Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This A New Cartel Alias Or Just Suspiciously Similar?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 3,248Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   01:48 am  Show Profile Check jamesg's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add jamesg to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
bargaindea1s seems to have postings and action that look suspiciously like previous cartel items. Is this his new alias?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
650 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   02:24 am  Show Profile Check kcaramat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kcaramat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Give us a link

Found it. I can confirm it is. I am banned from bidding by them, and this seller wouldn't let me bid as well.

Funny story: A few years back, I actually won a couple of their auctions. The stamps never showed up, they issued a refund, but assumed that I'm a crook. LOL
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by kcaramat - 11/07/2021 02:38 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   02:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
another forum

Edited by rod222 - 11/07/2021 02:33 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9101 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great eye picking that one up. Same old Ryle operating from prison with his lovely girlfriend's help. Same old group lots of "scarce and rare" stamps on manufactured "old" dealer cards from Nassau Street. It is disgraceful that he operates at will and nobody can tell me in this day and age that eBay can't detect this crapola if they chose to.

All of Ryle's other accounts that we track including "bank-notes", which was by far the most active in recent times, are now showing "not a registered user". These accounts did untold financial damage to so many it is hard to think about actually and here we go again. "Bank-notes" operated for years in plain sight. How long will this one go?
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   09:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add xavierstripe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - some eye-watering amounts of money being bid on those. Are they mostly just good fakes? Or does he salt some real ones in as well?

(Couldn't imagine dropping that kind of cash on a single stamp without a cert!)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9101 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fakes, faulty repaired real ones, intentionally misidentified and so on. You name it. He has a "mint original gum" US `122 up for auction right now that is a proof that he doctored up. People do buy this garbage even though most do not have certs. Certs shown in group lots are fake or positioned in such a way that you do not see key information. A lot of the expensive sold lots never receive any feedback, real or fake, which makes you wonder if a lot of this now is just money laundering. There are members of this Forum that have been hit hard by this character. He deserves more than prison but I hope that he finds love in there.

Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add xavierstripe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly is a lot of $$$ to shell out for a fudged proof...

Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   9:06 pm  Show Profile Check jamesg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What specifically tells you it is a fudged proof? (I don't see a grill - what else do you see?)
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1370 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rogdcam, that was my first thought when I started reading this thread - "Does anyone think that this may be an easy method to launder money". You may have hit the nail on the head, but can the hammer be dropped on it to stop it?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1491 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   10:44 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They also used shill bidders heavily - so even a legit stamp will sell for way more than natural.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1043 Posts
Posted 11/08/2021   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I find it interesting that all the USA listings of this seller are located in Pittsfield, NH, whereas all the foreign listings are located in London (searched Sold Listings by 'bargaindea1s'). This caught me by surprise - I recognize that small New Hampshire burg as a hotbed of eBay stamp sales. Should I NOT be surprised?? I did not know that there was a connection between London and Pittsfield. Is Pittsfield associated with the Cartel? Like I said, maybe I should not be surprised - I just never thought there was a connection! I guess the cream rises to the top (and the rest of the crud sinks to the bottom).
Edited by mootermutt987 - 11/08/2021 3:18 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9101 Posts
Posted 11/08/2021   3:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pittsfield MASSACHUSETTS. It is not far from me.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9101 Posts
Posted 11/08/2021   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
James - I say proof because the perf holes all around look wrong, it does not appear to be cleaned and the Cartel is known for creating stamps from proofs. The proofs are cheap enough. Perforate one after you shaved it, gum it up and impress a grill. It is what the Cartel does. Ryle used to forge passports for a living. The only skill these people have is forging/counterfeiting things.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1043 Posts
Posted 11/08/2021   3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Son of a gun! Look at that! I saw 'Pittsfield' and that was enough for me. To my chagrin. I grew up in New England, and am aware of the 2x Pittsfields. I guess my Philatest's Brain has only heard of the one!!! Oops.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9101 Posts
Posted 11/08/2021   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It happens.

Pittsfield MA may as well be a borough of NYC given the number of New Yorker's living there now. Actually all of Berkshire County. I always laugh when I see Bentley's driving around these small towns with NY plates. Pretty good vibe though. Us North and South County folks keep them in line with our quaint ways and pickup trucks.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
143 Posts
Posted 11/08/2021   5:39 pm  Show Profile Check Triangle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Triangle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I live in London and have been to almost every small and large stamp fair or show. I know a lot of dealers, but I never come across this name at any London stamp show. However I will look out for it. Of course its possible that a dealer could use different names in different situations, and I don't know everyone!
The London address appears to be a serviced office block, available for short term or longer rental, so could easily be used as a postal address.

A quick google search shows:
Access Storage Solutions
207-211 The Vale, London
Office Space in Access Offices, The Vale, Acton, London, W, W3
Description
This affordable COVID-19 maintained office rental in Acton offers unfurnished office spaces with flexible, short term contracts.

The offices are rented unfurni­shed and the rental cost is fully inclusive. Each office is equipped with heating and you will have full access to shared kitchen and toilet facilities. The offices are fitted with unique PIN code access and an intercom so you can easily manage the arrival and departure of your visitors and couriers. Hands, face, space COVID-19 guidelines are followed on site.

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 3,248Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05