Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australia 2015 To 2019 $1 Sheet Stamps Issues In Sets Used

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 2,292Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/10/2021   11:27 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KGV Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Am considering getting back into selling a bit again. It has been nice to get away from it all for a while after being at hard for 20 years or so as a seller.

Just looked at eBay the $1 issues from 2015 to 2019. But not much happening at all.

So my question how strong an interest is there/would be for these stamps in sets used on eBay for example?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/10/2021   3:17 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sad to see that very recent Australia looks like it is on the nose!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/12/2021   01:38 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, have received 2 email since putting up this thread about Australia 2015 to 2019 $1 stamps.

Am going to take that as my answer to this thread. Nice Hey!
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35784 Posts
Posted 11/12/2021   03:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John,
I shouldn't think this is a good place to get an accurate respsonse,
in that, I would not think many members here, would be selling $1 Australian sets.
Can you not perhaps, make up a Hagner of a set you wish to market
and place on eBay, and judge by the bids?

I am finding as a WW collector, mint sets or short sets, of WW countries going for pennies, yet pages of mixed Cinderellas and mixed Revenues in the $15 to $30 range.

I'd suggest you may get a better bid return by offering a half Hagner or so of the higher Aussie values.

Curious also how you are marketing the dollar values,
Are they not the stamps with the anti re-use slits?
How are you processing these?

Edited by rod222 - 11/12/2021 03:24 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/12/2021   05:29 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Rod

My emails are not SCF based. They are from passed buyers wanting more of the $1 issues as they cannot get anything used of any quality anywhere.

No am not talking about self adhesive issues. Am talking about used sheet stamps as lick & stick. One stamp in 300 is a sheet stamp as sorting around 300kgs over 2015 to 2019/20 tells me.

All stamps float off paper with 20% of the stamps having minor perf damage mostly being corner perfs + another 10% have heavy postmarks. But the rest are fine used. So it gives me 2 clear grades of sets. The stamps are worth much more in sets than a page of mixed. I know that much. Am a fixed price stamp seller by experience.

Like anything we start to sell it takes up to 6 months of exposer on eBay before we get sales traction. This is now sounding like the auction area topic but my question truly was does anyone have any info about how popular they would be to collectors. Looks like there is not to much interest on SCF like you say, as the time this thread has been up with only your comment tells me.

Once an SCF member always a SCF member. -:)
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35784 Posts
Posted 11/12/2021   06:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Right,
can you then give us an idea, the fixed pricing you have on the fine sets? Rough guide is OK.

I was looking through my collection 2015 >, and it's all hit and miss,
stamps I have removed from covers, that's it.
My usual regime, is to buy perhaps a collection, year set, or part thereof, after a few years.
Buying singletons or sets of 4 -6 off eBay, is just not attractive to
my wallet.

My dealer in North America, sells Oz fairly well in part collections,
but they trail off understandably around 2004
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35784 Posts
Posted 11/12/2021   06:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I always keep an eye out for the Year books
Late one are usually beyond the budget.
But occasionally...
2017 77 mint stamps coming in at 78c each, at current price. (Free ship)
14 bids show some keeness.
Edited by rod222 - 11/12/2021 06:41 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/12/2021   3:02 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sheet stamps in fine used sets were my 2nd best sellers. Only interpost stamp set and high values plus any self adhesive interpost were even more expensive and very strong sellers.

Still have my pricing for what I am going to sell in 2015 to 2019 $1 sets. Am OK in that area.

Fine used sheet stamps in sets will sell for $2 to $3 per stamp.

Used examples with minor faults is a big ? price wise maybe 50c per stamp in set. Maybe 30c per stamp in sets. But because of their rarity they will have a value and will sell. There has always been a market for minor fault stamps that are hard to get.

But it does sadden me to see that there is no interest in very recent stamps. Especially with quality collectors we have on board here on SCF. As I think on that there never was any real interest in my area of stamps here. Just was expecting to much.

Many things are changing for me at present and it will take some months for it to all sort itself out. It was just an outreach at this time and I thank you Rod for your interest. It means a lot to me at present.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/12/2021   3:07 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Where I think the rarity lies in the stamps I am talking about is that they are postal used.

See mint stamps for offer but not too many fine used examples.

So my sort is 1 sheet stamp per 300 stamps sorted then 30% not fine used so the numbers of postaly used stamp in fine used sets becomes not that common.
Edited by KGV Collector - 11/12/2021 3:10 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/12/2021   3:21 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
But who is collecting them?

At least there has always been a strong market in the countries where it is very cold in winter globally.

And to smaller degree in Australia.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/12/2021   3:44 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Am expecting far to much and will explain why.

Nobody would really know about my experience with the 2015 to 2019 $1 issues. Am 1 of the very few that have sorted large numbers of this hard to get kiloware. And am talking about the rarest of the rare of them. Not many people could say they have sorted 300kgs of these stamp so am really shining a light in this area for maybe the 1st time. Nice that it is happening on SCF.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
898 Posts
Posted 11/19/2021   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KGV Collector.

With respect,....I wouldn't be game enough to tell folk that I sorted thru 300kg's of used stamps but I admire your courage.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/20/2021   01:50 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mate it gets worse lol lol.

From end of Aug 2020 till end of Jan 2021 I sorted everything we had outstanding, good, bad and indifferent. It amassed over 15 years. My last true sorting challenge. Sorted somewhere 1.5 to 1.25 million stamps on paper. lol Plus I sold it all. Only way to get value out of it was to sort it.

Wore the skin off the bottom of my forearms. Used bandages to get through. Am only now recovering if it is possible. It totally burnt me out. lol
Edited by KGV Collector - 11/20/2021 01:54 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/20/2021   01:52 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Am very much enjoy a very casual step into doing 2015 to 2019 $1 sheet stamp issues in set. Nice to do a bit. No rush.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 11/24/2021   02:55 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got them all sorted and started soaking. Nice to have stamps that float off.
Been a good pastime as it has been raining cats & dogs for days & days to come. Happy Days!
Edited by KGV Collector - 11/24/2021 02:55 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3917 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   02:48 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My new Australia Rennicks catalogue arrived today.

Interesting that they have priced very recent used stamps as more expensive than mint examples.

It has finally happened!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 2,292Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05