Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australia 2015 To 2019 $1 Sheet Stamps Issues In Sets Used

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 1,292Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34158 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unusual choice, John.
Any particular reason for choosing that catalogue?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   8:02 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod

Beautiful colour images and for $37.12 mailed it is a great catalogue. Easy size to fit in front of your computer. Names of the different issues easy to read. It is the best recent Australia catalogue around in my humble opinion. It does reach back into pre-dec and early Australia but it is not in depth. Rennicks Australia get updated every two years. Highly recommend it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   6:49 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rennicks Catalogue 17th Edition 1850-2020 size 245mm/ 93/4" x 170mm/6 3/4" Older Editions were 210mm x 150mm

Edited by KGV Collector - 12/03/2021 6:51 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34158 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John,
I have owned a Rennicks prior.
Not sure what happened to it.

I now use Scott, or defer to BW or Gibbons, if in trouble.

Interesting to see Rennicks has decimal variations.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   11:33 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting Rod how a lot of the newer catalogues are improving their content. It is maybe because they are competing with many on-line info sources.

Rennicks Australia has been improving with every new addition in resent times. Nice to have a new book.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   03:29 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have had some fun! Just finished listing 99 stamp lots in my store. Found some CTO when looking for some stock sheets have listed some of them as well so far. Also listed some $1.10 sets etc. But mostly they are $1 issue lots listed. All sheet stamp examples.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   01:44 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My stamps have been found within days of listing.

Have sold 24 lots already.

Was expecting some time to pass before anything happened.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   06:15 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did a count of the kiloware received from 2016 to 2020 and get a bit over 300kg. Pulled out my caluator and did some math concerning the $1 issues I received with sorting results and wrote what is to follow as a description info in my listings.

Out of a sample of 300kgs of the 2015 to 2019 $1 issue kiloware sorted, one in every 45 stamps averaged 44 self adhesive stamps and 1 sheet stamp. On top of that 1 in every 2 sheet stamps was rejected. So we get 1 sheet stamp per 90 $1 stamps that make up the possible numbers of sheets that can be sold, listed. So it stands out even more of a true rarity because this number of sheet stamps drops again by 1/3 as that many more sheet stamps do not make up a set because of stamps missing from a set. So it becomes 1 sheet stamp per 120 $1 issue stamps from kiloware that make it as a postally used set available to collectors.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34158 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   3:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did a count of the kiloware received from 2016 to 2020 and get a bit over 300kg.

I find that rather bizarre, I'd like to be looking over your shoulder

I get weary just thinking about it.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   6:51 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is something I do not really miss. That is all that sorting.

In 2016 monthly would get around 10kg of $1 issue and another 20kg of everything else including foreign issues. Incoming kiloware started to really slow down after 2016.

In the end sold a lot of kiloware direct to buyers.

Anyway it is something I look back at now...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   12:36 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Biggest reason for reject stamps in general from $1 kiloware were two very nasty post marks. Killers! Postie Bike and Beware of the Dog. They were applied with enough ink to print of sheet of stamps. lol It took out heaps of 2017-2018 stamps on paper kiloware. Have never come across such blatant vandalism from Australia Post in any other era I deal with. Somebody's son-in-law owned an ink company for sure. lol
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   12:52 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The only other competition for selling $1 issues on eBay are bulk lots of 30-50 etc different with only a set or two in them. So I find myself the only seller of set of sheets stamps and for that matter S/A. The bulk lots are all auction based and are lucky to get 75c per stamp.

Have listed my lots as buy it now so I can control the price. With the amount of interest am now lifting the price from $1.50 per stamp to $2 to $3 per stamp depending a rarity and H/V 300% face. 2019 issues especially alphabet set of 6 and others are hard to get. Have contact with an old buyer in the bulk selling area. They have clued me in to what is hard to come across. If the price rise does not work, down will go the price again. Am prepared now to sit out the higher price for a couple of months. Yes making my own market place. Have always had this attitude for selling Australia and it has been very good to me. So the journey continues. Having a lot of fun.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3859 Posts
Posted 12/12/2021   8:30 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone got a take on these stamps to be sold as with post mark interest to be better on paper or off paper. They are all strikes fully on the stamp. There is 450 to 500 stamps.

Edited by KGV Collector - 12/12/2021 8:31 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34158 Posts
Posted 12/12/2021   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For me, they would be space fillers.
The spray transit marks would be of no interest subsequent to identifying the acronyms.
As a postmark collector, I would wish for complete slogans, or CDS's
with identifiable towns.

The time spent soaking those small boys would not return much profit to my way of thinking.
But you're the man for eBay marketing.

Perhaps market a set soaked and unsoaked, see whatperforms the best.

Edited by rod222 - 12/12/2021 8:54 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
884 Posts
Posted 12/13/2021   05:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KGV Collector,

Just wondering why that $1 WRESAT map of Australia varies so significantly compared to the !d Kangaroo stamp printed 100+ years ago. Which stamp is more accurate ?
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 1,292Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05