Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australia 2015 To 2019 $1 Sheet Stamps Issues In Sets Used

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 1,843Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 12/13/2021   1:23 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Finches

Yes the $1 WRESAT map of Australia looks a bit larger on the eastern side. The 1913 roo & map I reckon would be spot on.

Hi Rod

Thank you for your comment. Have no idea about postmarks never been into them except trying to sell KGV used penny reds to buyers that wanted my take on dates because of their shade interest.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 12/14/2021   01:56 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the interesting areas of stamping is between the purest stamp collector and the stamp sellers of the world.

Without sellers there are basically no collectors.

The famous saying from the stamp seller is "I only sell my spare stamps." or "I just do it for fun." plenty of other sayings as well in this area.

But as a seller of stamps this area of Australia 2015 to 2019 $1 postally used issues is interesting. So little is available in sets. There is nothing other than my own listings basically and setting a price makes for a real challenge alright.

The market price has been set by buyers, buying small bulk lots of 20 to 200 stamps as auction lots and at this time they are not selling at 50c per stamp res. Mostly they are not in complete sets. So to get sets in this manner you have to buy many lots of stamps trying to make up sets. You would end up with a lot of stamps you do not need or not want as a collector. So it figures what are the sets truly worth. There simple hard to get. Even the word rare could be used in a description. Things have slowed down a lot but it is also that time of year when sales do drop off. All I can do is play around and see what happens.

Have made some new contacts in this area of stamp sellers and have asked them to try and do some sets so price will emerge that looks as solid as it can.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 12/18/2021   12:06 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Marketing Australia 2015 to 2019 looks like because there is so little material in sets is available in the market place that I might have to establish some form of interest for collectors to start a foundation for a market in stamps sets to sell in.

Am in the process of establishing another very recent kiloware supplier where I can buy in multiples of kg very recent kiloware. Hoping very much that this works out. So this changes things a bit on what am doing in the area of very recent sets and it opens up the $1 era & the $1.10 era in different ways. Will be starting to get into self adhesive sets as well. With a strong presents in $1.10 sets as well. This also takes pressure off the stock I have so can go back to pricing that is better positioned for attracting more sales at a lower price. Will see what happens. Very interesting turning of events.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/01/2022   06:10 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Am in the process of establishing another very recent kiloware supplier

Am very excited the contact has worked. Never thought I would ever get another recent kiloware contact. Am no longer heart broken. Kiloware again, it is everything to me in stamping. Without it I am lost. It just means so much too me!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/01/2022   06:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John,
We want pics, when the Kiloware arrives
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/03/2022   7:15 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sales have jumped away. My experience this time of year has always been slow time for selling so this is pleasant surprise. Have my pricing somewhere near being correct going by sales.

Soon will be adding S/A sets. Am considering at the same price as sheet stamps because of the difficulty in getting them off paper.

Noticed a lots of sellers in the area of $1 & $1.10 stamps on eBay are using a stock image example stamp per listing for singles and sets. Still believe an image of what stamp set you selling is more attractive to quality buyers as they know exactly what they are purchasing.

Am getting some repeat buyers which I very much like to see happening. Am also instantly relisting sets as they sell.

Pricing needs to be around my listed price to make all time involved worth while. There is fair bit of time used in doing the whole process from sorting to mailing.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   12:01 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got some nice Kiloware off my new contact. 11/2kgs Bigger lot end of month.

Been looking solidly at eBay for some time with no luck for bulk $1 & $1.10 era lots but this weekend have picked up a total of 11/2kgs $1 & $1.10 with rubbish removed. Will see what happens. It is not cheap to purchase. It is very nice to get some stock though. More time to take stamps off paper. So nice only doing a specailised stamp area of very recent Australia. Doing stamps from 1992 to now just took to much out of me. So glad that is in the past.

Pain management has me doing extremely light duties for 24hrs every 3 days. Stamps suit this time perfectly. Very blessed to be able to do stamps. It just fits in so nicely.

Happy Stamping. kg5

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
896 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   02:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KGV,

For years I've secretly coveted your 'superb 1d red kgv Avatar', finally just got it's exact OS opposite-right side. Felt like I'd run 1000 kms so I'm resting also.

All the very BEST!.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   05:22 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulation finches. Had a lot of stamps but my avatar is still my favorite stamp by a long way. Will never part with it.

We have to look after ourselves these days.lol

Good to hear from you. All the best mate!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   9:51 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Been looking solidly at eBay for some time with no luck for bulk $1 & $1.10 era lots but this weekend have picked up a total of 11/2kgs $1 & $1.10 with rubbish removed. Will see what happens. It is not cheap to purchase.

Very disappointed over all. The off paper was good other than it being a
500g lot that turned into 125g. The rest is not really worth buying. The quality overall is not good. Simple as that. Will just keep selling quality stamps and it will look after itself. But you got to get them to sell them.
Edited by KGV Collector - 01/18/2022 9:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 02/04/2022   03:32 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Am concerned about some of the $1 issues from 2016 to 2019 self adhesives or S/A or peel & stick.

There is a small number that the print of the stamp is cracking and falling off the face of the stamp. The paper behind the print is as white as. No colour adhering to the paper at all. At present am still looking into these issues but they do not look good as long term keepers.

Have left some of these stamps on paper in our summer subtropical direct sunlight for around 4 months and the print is cracking. Some hot water removals are the same plus certain chemical are not a good look as well. But on the plus side not all are effected. Maybe 20% are looking ok. Some other issues are around 80% ok. Or only part of the print cracks. Once have done some more trials will go into a more detail.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 1,843Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05