Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Romania : Air Post On Steiner Pages

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 547Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 11/21/2021   9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Air Post 1963 Steiner Page 047.

Air Post 1962 Steiner Page 048.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 11/24/2021   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1966 Steiner Page 047.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   03:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Romania : Air Post Semi Postal 1941
Personal Page.

I fail to understand this
Would the Romanian "JAMBOREEA NATIONAL" translate to anything other than SCOUTING ?

Romanian scouting was dissolved in 1938
The last Scout Jamboree was in POIANA BRASOV in 1936

Scott CB1 Propaganda stamp of the Rome - Berlin Axis

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5976 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   05:08 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jamborees aren't confined to scouts - could be another large event.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   05:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, thanks Geoff,
I saw that option in Google, but never seen it used so.
I was also in two minds, as Scouting meets were held
(underground) later than 1938.
Perhaps this Opt was then maybe a resistance print.

Could not see any reference to 1st May, under the Rome-Berlin Axis notes.

Edited by rod222 - 11/26/2021 05:42 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5976 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   06:01 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Romania was itself part of the axis by 1941, I think. But "axis" and "jamboree" may not necessarily be related.
Pillar Of The Community
France
1990 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   06:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Jamboreea Nationala" appears on at least 3 sets of romanian stamps,from 1932/1934/1936,all of them related to scouting
Edited by vayolene - 11/26/2021 06:08 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   07:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Romania was itself part of the axis by 1941, I think. But "axis" and "jamboree" may not necessarily be related.

Indeed, I was looking towards the word used in a political sense,
a meeting of some importance, perhaps.
I think Vayolene's post, clinches it for me.

Albeit, I will ask on Romania.com, but getting an answer, does not always result.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5976 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   08:00 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I meant that one could and can have an overprint with no relevance to the base stamp. As I understand it, by thus time the boy scouts had been replaced by a fascist youth organisation - which could still have had "jamborees", of course.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Right, yes, had not thought of it that way.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
758 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   10:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,
Wonder if you every posted a summary of your collection somewhere before? Do you know how many stamps in your collection? You must have one of the largest collections around?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 11/27/2021   12:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chris,

Quote:
You must have one of the largest collections around?

Not by a long stroke
See Floortrader and others here for that.

I have Strong collections in Turkey and Romania,
that's about it.

The rest of the collection is common material gifted, or purchased on a budget.
I have around 300 Stamp Albums, but if you consider say Austria
(3 albums) when one collects postmarks, ephemera, etc
The Volume increases but not the value.
Never worried about value.

I like to collect what others throw away.

I get pleasure from getting stamps of Sharjah, as I do Turkey
Stamp collecting to me is just fun.

I scan every stamp that passes my desk, so 1 million scans
and a growing Library is a real pleasure

....and "XYPlorer" my favourite File Explorer, and Postmaster's "Stampfix" make life so enjoyable.
(and Steiner)
(and SCF)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
758 Posts
Posted 11/27/2021   07:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rod for the summary! I guess I thought every country was like Turkey, which I know you are very strong in.

Glad you are still going strong.

Best,
Chris
Edited by chris2015 - 11/27/2021 07:01 am
Valued Member
Romania
432 Posts
Posted 11/27/2021   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi rod222
Information about the Romanian Scouts organization can be found in "www.cercetasia.blogspot.com"
For philatelic issues search in "Cercetasia in filatelie"
The site is in romanian but you can translate it into English, with the remark that cercetas=scout and cercetasie=scout organization (not as it appears wrong in the translation-search)
Your stamp represents Corneliu Zelea Codreanu the leader of the legionary organization in Romania assassinated in prison at the command of Carol II, King of Romania (a period of Romanian history with unclear opinions pro and con).
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 11/27/2021   5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 547Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05