Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ddr 5 Year Plan And Midwest Philatelic Society

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 797Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
525 Posts
Posted 11/20/2021   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

S4L.

Midwest Phil Society. Still active. Had membership gathering earlier this month.

Suggest you try treasurer at midwest philatelic society dot com (no spacing)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
457 Posts
Posted 11/20/2021   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know. Will try again. I had emailed the webmaster and president.
Valued Member
Learn More...
457 Posts
Posted 11/20/2021   10:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don, I would be happy to help if I can.
Valued Member
Learn More...
457 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
S4L.

Midwest Phil Society. Still active. Had membership gathering earlier this month.

Suggest you try treasurer at midwest philatelic society dot com (no spacing)

So a few days ago I sent another email and included the treasurer and the previous recipients again using the addresses from their site. No reply still.

I even included a snap of this chat. No reply. Too badů.. Tks for the help. Wm.
Valued Member
Learn More...
457 Posts
Posted 11/27/2021   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope to get to these tomorrow. I am having a little trouble seeing the watermarks..... Sorry in advance for the poor picture.

Learn More...
United States
10060 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   3:15 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The new Stamp Smarter 'Five Year Plan' tool is now published here
https://stampsmarter.org/features/F...earHome.html

It features the ability to filter by design, by denomination, by issue, and by catalog number. Thank you to danstamps54 and Stamps4Life for their help.
Don
Valued Member
326 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   10:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don,
Great add.
Above and beyond as usual.
Pat
Valued Member
Learn More...
457 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While I never got a response from any of the 3 emails I sent to the Midwest Philatelic Board members or webmaster, I have had a chance to use the matrix Don put together on https://stampsmarter.org/features/F...arHome.html.

Don - thanks very much. This tool is very convenient AND simple to use. Very handy to have all this info sortable at ones fingertips!

William
Valued Member
326 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   3:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is information that was on the last page of the original Jay Carrigan layout. Also, some examples of the cancels talked about.

Valued Member
Romania
460 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations for this quick identification system.
I suggest a simple addition that would be helpful for identifying the watermark varieties (add in the "comments" column the watermark type 2XI, 2XII, 2YI and 2YII.
These watermarks are difficult to differentiate but the Michel catalogue mentions how the stamp curves according to the structure of the paper which is also directly related to the type of watermark.
It can be inserted in the preamble this :

It is a pity that one misses out on these watermark varieties with their big values:

A form notice can be added in the preamble:
2XI-minimum value
2XII-medium value (but not always)
2YI and 2YII -high value

2XI and 2XII watermarks are on stamps Mi#362 to 379, Mi#405 to 422, Mi#435 to 442, Mi#453 to 458,
2YI watermark is on stamps:Mi#367, 405, 406, 407, 409,410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 421, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 442, 453, 455, 457.
2YII watermark is on stamps: Mi# 367, 415, 418
Valued Member
Learn More...
457 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you cuprim. I am new to the Michel catalog and do not know German so its a little challenge. Can you tell me what (B) means? Bogen? arc, right? The way the horn goes? Why do some have (B) and others not?
Valued Member
Romania
460 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi
B=Bogen=sheet
MH=booklet
Valued Member
Romania
460 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
and R=coil
Valued Member
Learn More...
457 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   2:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi
B=Bogen=sheet

Thank you. When I put Bogen into translator, I got "arc".
Valued Member
Romania
460 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try with "bogen briefmarken"
Me too I don't know german.Very difficult to translate.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 797Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05