Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Forever Stamps.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,236Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
98 Posts
Posted 11/20/2021   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add eraserman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
http://www.stampnewsnow.com/uspsnewissues.html

Only the elephant one is a maybe for me.

All the others are a hard pass.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
116 Posts
Posted 11/20/2021   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Really?

Well I have been getting the fruit low denomination stamps and they are far lovelier than seen on screen so that is a must. The Women Cryptologist of WW2 I think is attractive and also of historic interest. I am surprised they haven't done one for the American Indian Code Talkers which used the languages of the indigenous North American Indians as Code for secret messages from WW1 and WW2 (there is a large medal set available at the US Mint). And I am definitely getting the Chinese Zodiac and George Morrison one.

I am not a fan of flag stamps but the one for 2022 is quite attractive and I may get the pane and from eBay a few coils.But that is after I get the same formats for the blueberries stamp.

As for everything else, it ranges from nice but nothing to run to (Tulips stamps) to dull (Pony Cars) or poorly done (Edmonia Lewis).

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 07/08/2022   07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add l2y to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree some of the stamps like Nancy Reagan, Katherine Graham and barn set are a hard pass for me.

I am sick and tired of the floral stamps, but must admit I have bought most of them already.

I am excited about the Charles Schulz Peanuts and the Holiday Elves, which are really cute.

Glad to see that they have again changed the annual Kwanzaa and Hanukkah stamps. I really like the Hanukkah one.

As a woman who does cryptogram puzzles, I like the cryptologists stamp and will buying this as soon as it comes out.

I am also glad to see people of color well represented this year.

Don't like the Buzz Lightyear stamps or the rower stamps. The designs on the stamps are too similar and the artwork is ugly on both sets. <disclaimer: I have bought of these sets. [:D >
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
195 Posts
Posted 07/08/2022   11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Mississippi stamps are very attractive as are the George Morrison art work stamps. If find the women's rowing stamps to be an engaging design. Guess my tastes are simple.
Valued Member
Wallis And Futuna Islands
5 Posts
Posted 07/13/2022   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add registereduser to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wish the Scooby Doo stamps had gone the Peanuts route, as opposed to just one design. It wasn't very popular (at least in my area), I feel like if it had 4 or 5 different designs that might have been different.
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   12:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrownstownSoul to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The rowing stamp is a nice design.

In terms of content: I'm glad to see the Katherine Graham stamp. If I pick up some forever stamps for everyday use, that's probably the one I will go with.
Valued Member
116 Posts
Posted 07/26/2022   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up getting a pane of the Katherine Graham stamps and Nancy Regan. For the Regan stamp it is simply the portrait chosen, she looks so ghostly and therefore makes the stamp a rather ironic portrait of a President's wife. I recommend getting one for your album and another for Halloween --- that' how ghostly Nancy looks!

I concur that the Women's Rowing and Might Mississippi are well-designed stamps and the Might Mississippi has a good map and explanation of the sites pictured along the Mississippi on the back of the pane.

FOr the Pony Cars, the artwork looks attractive but the subject doesn't interest me and since I decided to get all 6 variants of the 2022 Flag stamps and a pane of 4 of the Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express stamps along with some cheaper items, I need to hold off for a few months on US stamps. Plus there seems to always be one or two nicely designed stamps that appear in the Fall or a definitive of some interest. Already the USPS os reselling the old Bobcat 1 cent stamps but only in rolls of 3,000. I MIGHT get a roll of the Bobcat stamps and sell the extra on eBay but still afraid I will have a glut of 1 cent stamps to use only infrequently (or start plastering them as part of first class and postcard mail!)
Valued Member
430 Posts
Posted 09/05/2022   05:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anecdotally or "through the grapevine" which 2022 issues have been popular sellers?
Valued Member
United States
16 Posts
Posted 11/01/2022   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sandman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My 2022 favorite is the rowing. Alternating the lines of two simple sketches brings out the feeling of movement. Sometimes I include whole panes in my collection of singles. This will be one of them.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,236Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05