Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1947 South Africa Stamp Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 242Next Topic  
Valued Member
24 Posts
Posted 11/22/2021   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add thecollectorman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
You see the photo there is some special in this stamp ?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
Posted 11/22/2021   5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Special in what way?

South African stamps overprinted for use in South West Africa. Scott 156 (pair, one in English, one in Afrikaans).

Dale
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
328 Posts
Posted 11/22/2021   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I like to leave ems guessing for more!

my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7135 Posts
Posted 11/22/2021   8:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I love The Riddler!
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1219 Posts
Posted 11/24/2021   2:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Apart from a a bit of muck on the bottom right overprint and toned perfs bottom left stamp I see nothing "special" either. Riddle-me-ree.
Valued Member
Finland
89 Posts
Posted 11/24/2021   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuikka to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am also curious what is special here.
Pillar Of The Community
1125 Posts
Posted 11/24/2021   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this about the weak overprint on stamp 2/2, or are they grey dots?
Edited by NSK - 11/24/2021 3:04 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 242Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05