Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cash For Your Stamps Book

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 418Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
1073 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gmot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
An interesting little find - my Dad picked this up for me while browsing at a local junk/antique place. Published in 1960, used as a info/promotional item by various stamp dealers - in this case, by the Baltimore Stamp Co. Targeted to those who found grandpa's old collection in their attic I guess...

Lists mostly US & Canada stamps with dealer price, along with a very limited selection of foreign stamps. Includes detailed instructions on how properly to send your stamps to the dealer. Condition is poor & falling apart, but a great little curio from that time.

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34156 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. I like it.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
824 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   6:13 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff !
I love collecting ancillary items such as this from old tyme dealers or collectors, as well as USPOD/USPS memorabilia like cancelling devices, pens with Post Offices printed on them, carrier uniform patches, and the like. Great find you have there !
Pillar Of The Community
583 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An unused 12pence Queen at $350 would have been an exceptional investment. Google shows inflation from 1960 to now at approx 9x so around $3150 for a stamp worth 100x that value on a bad day. Now where did I put that time machine …
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34156 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now where did I put that time machine …

Didn't you sell it, to these guys?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
225 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod...not yet, but he's going to yesterday.
Learn More...
United States
10111 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   10:13 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That episode of Big Bang never addressed the obvious discrepancy.

As physicists they most likely would have believed in the concept of spacetime. Spacetime is the concept that space began with a Big Bang and has been expanding ever since, forever tying space and time together. As the universe expands every second it adds not just size but also time.

The leading edge of the expansion the universe is what we, as humans, refer to as "now". If true, then there is no future place to travel to and traveling back in time is also impossible since you would have to also destroy space (shrink the universe) to achieve it.
Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 418Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05