Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inherited Old Stamp Albums

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,230Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Uruguay
11 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add pancho122 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone!
im from Uruguay adn inherited 2 big albums with very old stamps.
I have no clue what they are worth.
nyone has seen this albums before?
Thank you all very much.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United Kingdom
106 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   4:43 pm  Show Profile Check Triangle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Triangle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
probably need pictures of the content for anyone to advise
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
630 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, the picture tells us nothing. The binders themselves are obviously homemade, in very poor condition, and worthless.

What matters are the stamps inside. Where are those pictures?
Valued Member
Uruguay
11 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pancho122 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi thanks for your answers.
dont have a clue of what to take pics of, there are so many.
here are some of austria and germany which are the first 2 countries in the first album.

Valued Member
Uruguay
11 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pancho122 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry some pics I posted were from internet.
didnt mean that.

Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rdavid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 4800k blue stamp with portrait of Wilhelm Kress appears to be Scott C11. Scott value (2013 catalog) $3.00 used or unused.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6381 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   5:43 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The binders and pages are by Yvert, rather than being homemade - with a protective paper covering on top. Usually worth leaving material in old albums if you're planning on selling via eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
630 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
About what I'd expect given the condition of the binders, but you could find a few small treasures. All in all not a fortune by any means, but perhaps a nice dinner or two, if you find the right buyer(s).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8167 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would advise against a quick judgement with this album. Many more pics are needed.

Where was the original collector of these albums located. I would look at Countries from that region. I would also like to see the US and Canada sections. These are the type of albums that can produce sleepers.

Valued Member
Uruguay
11 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pancho122 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yes exactly its a Yvert and tellier album.
My grandfather owned it and his father worked for the spanish embassy.
Posted in uruguay, argentina, some central america countries also.
i will send more pics tomorrow, any special countries you suggest?
there are hundreds of pages loaded with stamps.
Thanks everybody for your comments and help
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8167 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I look forward to more images Pancho. Any Latin American countries would be great to see since your Grandfather collected while living there.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1565 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
British Guiana, Brazil, and Peru are all good to show—the oldest stamps. And the UK, if present.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
860 Posts
Posted 11/29/2021   7:17 pm  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
USA and Great Britain would be good to see.
Valued Member
United States
348 Posts
Posted 11/30/2021   1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add landoquakes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fun old-style album to see, I concur about more photos :) especially US and UK. Brazil would be interesting and if you are really lucky a Bulls-eye or two :)
Valued Member
Uruguay
11 Posts
Posted 11/30/2021   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pancho122 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ok guys sorry for the delay!
really busy day.
Lets start with some pics.
brazil and some antigua stamps.
I really appreciate everybodys interest.

Valued Member
Uruguay
11 Posts
Posted 11/30/2021   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pancho122 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
not much luck with canada and guyana.
tomorrow ill do uk and USA

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,230Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05