Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada Post Web Site

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 290Next Topic  
Valued Member

Thailand
16 Posts
Posted 11/30/2021   7:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Sydrique to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is it just me or what...
Everytime I order stamps on Canada Post web site, I end up exhausted and frustrated!

I ordered FDC and its always asking me to change my delivery address as therr are to many characters. Sorry but addresses are long in Thailand, can't change that.
And if its not the address its something else.

They make very beautiful FDC, but boy the process or ordering them is quite something.

Sylvain
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Thailand
16 Posts
Posted 11/30/2021   7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sydrique to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And now the cherry on top of the sundae. Just got an e mail from Canada Post, saying that because of technical problem, my order was cancel!

I'll be polite and civilized and won't add anything more...

Sylvain
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
Posted 11/30/2021   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sylvian,

Have you tried setting up a standing order? That would get you most of what you would want from new issues without having to go through the order process every time. Plus no mailing fees.

Peter
Edited by pwscg - 11/30/2021 8:52 pm
Valued Member
Thailand
16 Posts
Posted 11/30/2021   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sydrique to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Standing order....nerver tried it.
Will try for sure, tks for the tip!

Sylvain
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1257 Posts
Posted 11/30/2021   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cant find anything on their site about standing orders. And at very least you can always call them, unfortunately USA and Canada only are toll free. 8am to 8pm Eastern standard time. Attached is a screen grab of their page posted on their site after a search.

Edited by No1philatelist - 11/30/2021 10:25 pm
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
Posted 12/01/2021   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sylvian,

I have had a standing order for many, many years. Simply phone them using the appropriate number from No1philatelist's post above and ask to set one up. They will want a credit card number or other payment method.

When specifying what you want, remember the following:

- for coils, use the word "strip" otherwise you will get singles. For the last few years, the strip of 4 that I get has included the inscription (printer/designer/etc.) part but I don't think there's a guarantee. You might want to ask for strips of 10 instead if that part is important to you.

- if you like corner blocks, you can specify which corner(s) you want (UL UR LL LR)

- you can also specify that you want corner blocks from only definitive issues if that is your preference. Though these days sheet stamps are few and far between.

- for booklets, you can't get singles, you have to get the complete booklet.

- quarterly packs and annual collections have cut-to-shape singles from booklets. These are separate collectible items and listed in Unitrade as such.

- note that if an issue has several different formats (booklet & souvenir sheet, for example) the quarterly pack will include both but the annual collection will only have the souvenir sheet version.

- I do not have other items such as FDC's or uncut press sheets in my standing order, so I don't know whether there are any special considerations when asking for those.

Anyway, I hope this helps and good luck with your standing order!

Peter
Edited by pwscg - 12/01/2021 09:42 am
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
Posted 12/01/2021   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a postscript to my previous post,

There does not seem to be any fixed schedule for shipments; simply because a stamp was issued today, don't expect it to arrive in your mailbox tomorrow. They will often wait for another issue or so and lump them together in one shipment.

Having said that, there have been a couple of occasions when I received the stamps before the actual issue date - last years Diwali stamp and this year's Community Foundation stamp, for example.

Also, my standing order includes reprints for definitives but I've found that there was no consistency - sometimes I got them and other times I didn't.

Peter
Valued Member
Canada
428 Posts
Posted 12/01/2021   11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamporator to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sylvain,

As you are in Thailand, you will not benefit from the 'free' toll free number if you use a standard phone and will have to pay using the '902' number.

However, if you have 'Skype' then you can use the toll free number. This app uses the internet and is seen by the North America phone service as originating in North American and allows the toll free service.

- stamporator -
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 290Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05