Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1908 Quebec Tercentenary 1 On Pc W/ Hairlines

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 454Next Topic  
Valued Member
491 Posts
Posted 12/01/2021   12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add patg23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A bit harder to see on this one, but hairlines show on both sides.
pat

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
501 Posts
Posted 12/01/2021   5:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I have a 5c with a very similar affliction. I will check when I get home from work. Sure about the right margin at least. Not too stunning. I scanned these on 'magazine' with my Canon Lide 400 to darken them up a touch. It appears to be a pretty regular dashed line running right through the date but that could be scanner hocus pocus.

I've always loved this design. There is a guy standing near the bottom by the canoe that looks like he knows his picture is being taken. Dude leaning on the musket.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Casey Magoo - 12/01/2021 6:16 pm
Valued Member
491 Posts
Posted 12/01/2021   8:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Casey - Nice looking stamp. That dashed line is interesting. No mention for that issue in Unitrade Specialized.

Sent me looking at my used copy, and this is what I found.

Be funny if that's the normal state.

Pillar Of The Community
501 Posts
Posted 12/01/2021   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you might find this interesting. Hairlines identified but not worth a whole lot.

I can give credit to my source if it is a SCF requirement.

Edited by Casey Magoo - 12/01/2021 9:43 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1239 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The re-entries site mentions hairlines as being found frequently on issues of this series. I have around 70 mint of the 1c and noticed hairlines on 4 of them, so around ~6% just one from this one sample. Haven't checked other values in the series as yet.
Pillar Of The Community
501 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   06:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.flyspecker.com/97.html

My 5c above is busy with a bunch of little ink issues.
Pillar Of The Community
3629 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They're from bent printing plate stress.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 454Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05