Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Maybe The Postal Service Needs To Pack It In

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 810Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What about delivery people who like to play jenga by putting your softest and most fragile items at the bottom? Pic my wife took today at our door...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Pillar Of The Community
United States
700 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's not just the number of days; my reputation as a client of an auction house is at stake and threatened because the postal service can't do its job in a timely manner. It's embarrassing. Reputations are made over decades but can be lost in a moment. Had I had any inkling that 10 days would not be adequate for delivery of payment for an auction winning, trust me, I would have found another way.

But why should I have assumed that 10 days would be inadequate? Now my invoice is "past due" and I am embarrassed and angry as all get out. I take business transactions seriously. Too bad the postal system does not.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1257 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would call the auction house and inform them of what has happened. Good customer relations are built on trust. Since you probably dealt with them over a period of time and it is the first time your payment is late; due to circumstances beyond your control; they will probably overlook the penaly of interest. A phone call/communication goes a long way!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1257 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Casey Magoo, wow, Christmas came early and your lucky the porch bandits did not get it first!
Learn More...
United States
10113 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   03:51 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some 'delivery fails' found online...

Don
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   09:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Casey Magoo, wow, Christmas came early and your lucky the porch bandits did not get it first!

Apparently most of those boxes had like one bottle of shampoo or box of chocolates in them. My wife doesn't drive so she has taken to getting almost everything delivered. She still doesn't know what to get our 14yo son for xmas.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Edited by Casey Magoo - 12/04/2021 09:47 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6122 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   09:54 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, 14. I got my heart's desire, which was a black leather jacket. And a reel-to-reel tape recorder, which my all-thumbs hands had endless difficulty with.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7766 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   09:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reel to reel? Wow, I remember having a wire recorder, way back in the 50's

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 12/04/2021 10:00 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7444 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   10:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a FedEx driver think it was a brilliant idea to throw a delivery of "soup in a pouch" and beef jerky over the fence where my German Shepherds were waiting. It was an explosion of pooping for the next three days while they cleared out the chorizo and 5 pounds of beef jerky.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 810Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05