Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sharing My Small French Colonies Collection

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,372Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   09:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add LaoPhil to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I always liked the French colonies stamps, their motifs and beauty and, of course, since most of them are beautifully engraved and very attractive. I can't collect all of them since the several thousands stamps issued for use in all colonies and departments together. So I decided to collect from each colony and French territory only one set representing it, usually I chose a set shows the people and their culture or a set shows the nature or landscape of the area. With time I built a small collection and keep it on album pages I created. Here I want to share my collection.

Note: except French Indochina that I collect complete since the stamps were in use in Laos before independence.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   09:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French Equatorial Africa - 1947
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
820 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stunner! Let's see some more :)
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   01:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much, Ringo! the next set is from French Cameroon issued in 1946:
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   06:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French West Africa - Guinea - Long set of 22 stamps issued 1938:
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   01:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French West Africa - Dahomey, 1941:

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   12:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Togo - 1941

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
814 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   12:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Beautiful. Very nice collection.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3285 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would hardly describe your collections as small.
Al
Valued Member
347 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice LaoPhil! How are you making those album pages?
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Mrita75! I also went through your Mexico wonderful pages, great collection!!

angore, it is small relatively to the thousands stamps issued for the colonies. The collection includes one set from each colony and they all occupied 46 album pages (just to comparison, my French Indochina, one of the colonies, collection which is almost complete is on 40 pages!)

canyoneer, yes, I create my own album pages using Microsoft Publisher.

Here is a set representing Senegal issued 1939:
Edited by LaoPhil - 12/07/2021 11:31 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
762 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice collection and very nice pages! Thanks for sharing.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   10:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much, chris2015!

Here is a set issued for use in French West Africa (AOF) in 1947. Stamp designs are based on real photos:
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   03:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Colony of Madagascar and Dependencies - 1946:
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/12/2021   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French West Africa - Ivory Coast, 1936:

Probably, the woman stamp based on this photo ((BTW, there is a mistake on the stamp description - It should be BAOULE):
Edited by LaoPhil - 12/12/2021 11:28 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
817 Posts
Posted 12/14/2021   11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French Sudan (Today State of Mali) - 1939:
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,372Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05