Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sharing My Small French Colonies Collection

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,157Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1077 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   09:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French Southern and Antarctic Territories (FSAT - TAAF) - 1979-89.
For this French oversea territory (TOM), I have chosen several different stamps show endemic birds:

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
764 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
LaoPhil,

Random question, how are you storing your pages? Do you simply 3-hole punch them and put in a 3-ring binder or are you using page protectors, etc.?

Thanks!
Chris
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1077 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   01:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
LaoPhil,

Random question, how are you storing your pages? Do you simply 3-hole punch them and put in a 3-ring binder or are you using page protectors, etc.?

Thanks!
Chris

Hi Chris,

I use Vario F Leuchtturm 4 rings binders with dust protector to store my album pages.
In the beginning, when I started created albums, I used to store each page inside acid free plastic protector I bought from Leuchtturm inside Vario F binder. Now, I don't use plastic protectors any more and just put them in the binder. I think with the dust protector they are well protected.

Pages inside plastic protectors in Vario F binder:

Pages in Vario F binder without plastic protector:
Pillar Of The Community
United States
764 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent, thanks for sharing! Your pages look great
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1077 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wallis and Futuna - 1969:
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1696 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French colonies are always great to admire!
Thanks for sharing
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1077 Posts
Posted 02/01/2022   01:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Just_fella!

Reunion Island - 1947:
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1077 Posts
Posted 02/04/2022   06:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French Mandate for Syria - 1925:
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1077 Posts
Posted 02/09/2022   12:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
New Hebrides Condominium - 1957: (Today Vanuatu)

New Hebrides was a rare form of colonial territory in which sovereignty was shared by two powers, Britain and France, instead of being exercised by just one. Note that both logos, the British Empire and the Republic of France, appear on the stamps:

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1077 Posts
Posted 02/17/2022   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French Indochina

The last French territory I have in my collection is French Indochina, but, unlike the other colonies or territories that are represented by only one set, I collect all stamps of this colony and I have almost complete collection. The reason is that I collect the stamps of Laos and the Indochinese stamps used in Laos too. From time to time, I am posting pages from French Indochina album in the Indochina thread, so here is five representing pages from the album to illustrate this thread too:

There are several colonies or territories missing in my collection like Djibouti, SPM, Afar and Issa, Alawite state etc. I will continue to update this thread whenever I have new set to add to this collection.
Edited by LaoPhil - 02/17/2022 12:58 pm
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,157Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05