Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do I Bid On 1.7m Cv Album On The Bay ?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 2,006Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
4493 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
why have they not been lotted separately?
That is why it is on eBay and not featured in a Siegel sale

Noblespirit may just be following the wishes of the consignor, rather than trying to read too much drama into it.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1345 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone run a total on the 121 items with a certificate? Those images are last.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
949 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rgstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Certificates are in foreign languages. I am not able to translate. If anyone can decipher perhaps 10 of the most valuable stamps, that would be helpful.

I have a similar worldwide collection to this … mainly 19th century
I would not expect quarter million for it. Maybe I'm under estimating value but this collection is very weak in USA, fair Great Britain, weak France, better Italy and states, fair Switzerland
Lots of forgeries? Stamps are hinged down ? Including more expensive, worry a bit about condition. Risky

50,000-75,000 maybe.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8753 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the German certificates state that the stamps are fault free and are enthusiastic in describing some of them. Two certificates that I saw mention repairs. They don't say much else except that they are genuine and cancelled. The towns are called out if identifiable and there may be a lot of added value there outside of traditional catalog values. Maybe. NS's scan resolutions suck so reading the stuff makes my eyes hurt.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
949 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rgstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually I missed a bunch of scans when I was scrolling through. Actually think perhaps more valuable stuff if genuine… probably 100,000$ collection, maybe a bit more. I think condition is issue but still would be awesome collection to go through. I wish scans were better
Valued Member
499 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   2:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting to scroll through the pages. 600+ photos!

Happy to see they used corner mounts on the covers (not glued down).

Be fun to go through for a while.

I think it would turn into a drudge culling out all the issues described by others above if breaking up.

And I also think it's too bad it will probably be broken up as it looks like an interesting multi-generational old-world collection that surprisingly lasted this long. Be nice if there was some history on the collectors.

P/S - I would take it if someone would like to gift it to me,
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2055 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While looking through the Noble Spirit lot, I could not help looking at these 2 sumptuous lots:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334171682408 ..... 50Gs!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193634891261

For the latter lot, the seller complained about only being able to supply 12 images. I emailed and asked- for $25K you couldn't spring a few bucks loose for some more images???
Edited by shermae - 12/06/2021 7:00 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8753 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So I went through the certs for the most part and a great percentage are for items with catalog values under $100. So the certs are not the "money shot".

Who wants to ask NS for a breakdown of the values that brought them to 1.7 million? Who will go first I ask?????
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1345 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
shermae...

At least the OP collection has value, the two you list have psychiatric level wishful thinking, but no value.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6035 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   08:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no "money shot " in that collection .

I highly doubt that the catalog value would come anywhere close to the $1,700,000 ,if many cert's are under $100.00 and there is so few stamps that catalog over $1,000 .

If I was asked to help the "new buyer " I would try to match the Cert's to the stamps ,I would want to know that those Cert's belong to actual stamps ,remember what do you do with old cert's when you get new/updated Cert's ,throw them in a box and sell just the old Cert's . Second you need to read and translate what is being stated about the stamp .
Then you need to seperate each country ,then again here most of each country section will not value out to be worth $1,000 so how can you have $1,700,000 when each country can't get $1,000 at auction . Yes a few will go over that number but most will not .

They are fishing for a lottery winner or someone who just inherit a win-fall who thinks they are making a investment .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would expect that the certs on under-$100 stamps is because the over-$100 stamps won't get clean certs. At least many of them. They are looking for a retail price on a wholesale lot. They are saving their labor, hoping the expenditure of labor won't be necessary. I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole, at anywhere near what they are 'asking'.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 2,006Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05