Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is Orcoexpo 2022 Actually Postponed?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 523Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   8:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Cephus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I came across one site that said that Orcoexpo 2022, scheduled for January in Fullerton, CA, was postponed, but absolutely none of the other sites that talk about it, including dealers that have it on their schedule, have said a thing.

Anyone know the real poop? Thanks.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since nobody knew, I guess I'll answer my own question. It is indeed cancelled for the year, they couldn't come to agreeable terms with the venue. This is really bugging me because there simply have been no decent shows in over a year locally.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   10:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it's cancelled. The Fullerton show held at the Hotel Fullerton isn't so bad as is the Arcadia show Inturpex or the Van Nuys Show
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There was, once upon a time, a semi-decent monthly show in Buena Park, which we had to drive 100 miles for, but it's long since gone. There are no local clubs worth reporting, no local shows (other than Sescal, which was cancelled last year) and I'm really not in the mood to travel up to San Francisco for a fix. Even Vegas only has a single decent stamp show a year in August.
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 12/25/2021   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like you folks are in my neck of the woods. As I just got back into collecting, I've been looking for a couple local shows, as well as maybe a couple larger ones in the area. It sounds like Orcoexpo would be a larger than local show but cancelled for the year.

Any input you can share with me on where to find the local shows? I have heard of the monthly Fullerton show, and did plan on attending after the holidays.

Thanks!

Lance
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
Posted 12/25/2021   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Inturpex is the first Saturday of every month (yes, 2022 will have a January 1st show) at the Masonic Hall in Arcadia on Duarte and Santa Anita. Opens at 9:30 and dealers usually leave by 2. The Van Nuys show is on the first Sunday of every month at some such Masonic Hall Right off the 405 I believe, but I wouldn't recommend it. Same dealers as Arcadia but in a much dingier darker location. The fullerton show is at the Hotel Fullerton usually towards the end of the month but it varies sometimes. You can find online the exact dates for every month. Overall I recommend Arcadia the most
Edited by oldboldandbrash - 12/25/2021 4:25 pm
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 12/25/2021   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the input. I will definitely check out the Arcadia show as well as Fullerton.

I remember they used to have decent stamp shows on a somewhat regular basis at the Orange Show Event Center in San Bernardino. I had been to a couple of them, but don't find any listings for it.
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
Posted 12/26/2021   06:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Right now, there are no actual "shows" in the area. Last year, the big one at the end of the year, Sescal, got cancelled. There are a couple of monthly "shows", which, frankly, I've never been that impressed with, specifically because the majority of the dealers involved, they're not really there to deal, they're there to hang out with their friends and anyone outside of their close circle of friends, they view as an annoyance. At least that was my experience the last time that I attended any of them. There was one that I used to go to that no longer exists. I suppose I might have to give one of them a shot one month, just to see if anything has improved.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3801 Posts
Posted 12/26/2021   10:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cephus. I live close by, and agree with you. Fullerton is the only one that I travel to anymore, and there is not much variety. I wish there was something out towards Palm Springs.
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 12/26/2021   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Appreciate the replies all. As I am just getting back into the hobby I wanted to visit a show or two to see what's going on with the hobby, especially since there are but a couple stamp shops in a reasonable distance away from where I live. I'm sure I will visit the Fullerton and Arcadia shows early next year, and look forward to Sescal as that is just minutes from where I live.
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
Posted 12/26/2021   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Quite honestly it's looking like Sescal might not happen either considering how difficult getting a venue is shaping up to be
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
Posted 12/26/2021   1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Partime, if you find something, let me know because I'm out in that direction too. We've thought of heading out to Vegas, but they really only have one decent-sized stamp show anymore too. We might head out to Long Beach or east to Arizona for Aripex, but it really is sad that there's so little left, even without Covid.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 523Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05