Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sad News To Report - The Nickle Box Is Dying .

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 444Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
5693 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   09:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add floortrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Sad news to report to all you older and senior members here .

I hate to report to you, the stamp dealers NICKEL box is dying a quick death . This after his father died when eBay started and his father the TWO CENT box, pick a 2 cent stamp box died back around 2002 . We seen his father live for over 50 years but now the son is dying at age 20 or so . I lived for years with those 2 cent stamp boxes .I actually build my collection with his father and so did millions of other collectors .

But I see the new son standing at the door and he is twice the man his father is ,so lets welcome the DIME BOX at the dealers tables at shows and bourses . Your starting to see modern U.S. Comm. stamps selling for 25 cents each and you pick those out of a binder not a box.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
345 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   10:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Met my first 2˘ box in 1964. Discovered in a small antique store in Portsmouth NH. It was a wonder for a young stamp collector of meager means.
Pat
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
United States
10111 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   12:59 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Our local club, the Asheville NC Stamp Club, has a nickel box at every meeting. It is kept refreshed from donations, includes stamps up to around $5 CV, and is very popular. In fact, when trying to give presentations there is always a few folks remaining huddled around the nickel box during the entire meeting.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7439 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First it was the stamp market in general and now the nickel box. What next?!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5693 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ROGDAM ----Scratch the Stamp market stuff ,yesterday at Kelleher Stamp Auction the market came back or it came back to life as a ZOMMBIE
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7439 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7680 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The dollar boxes of covers sure aren't dying......
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 444Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05