Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Questions About Postage Due Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,245Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1071 Posts
Posted 12/29/2021   11:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It says "to *again* make these stamps available", which implies an earlier period of availability, however I don't have the time this evening to chase it down.

Here is a philatelic order sheet from 1960 with the 1959 due series available as well as the 50 cent red from the 1930 due issue:

This SCF topic on Postage Dues also contained some public sale information: http://goscf.com/t/54071&whichpage=1
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 12/30/2021 12:06 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
784 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   2:59 pm  Show Profile Check 64idgaf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 64idgaf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Parcelpostguy and John Becker,

Thanks for the comments, I'll correct the write-up based on your information.

John
Singapore
4 Posts
Posted 02/25/2022   05:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add frily to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does any postal service still collect postage dues on underpaid mail? Or have all stopped this practice as it became not cost-effective.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6376 Posts
Posted 02/25/2022   05:03 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postage due is still collected here, but not by the postman. I think the norm is to collect the item from the sorting office and pay there.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1071 Posts
Posted 02/25/2022   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does any postal service still collect postage dues on underpaid mail?

Did you mean, "...still use postage due stamps when collecting postage dues on underpaid mail?"

I cannot answer for all of the current countries of the world, but, use 'em if you got 'em seems likely.

Unlike, GeoffHa, here in the USA I must pay my postal person postage due when the mail is handed to me. Now that postage due may have been assessed anywhere along the mail stream, including the postmaster at my office who seem quite adept at catching those eBay sellers who underpay postage. When I pay, either in money or stamps, stamps are affixed and date cancelled.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,245Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05