Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

United Kingdom Stamp Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 439Next Topic  
Valued Member
28 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add thecollectorman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Iīm looking for internet and I didnīt found a stamp of United Kingdom is 2 1/2 F stamped. Anyone know what is this stamp?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
785 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you mean Ģ? Do you have a picture?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Rob Roy - 12/07/2021 8:59 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7769 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please post a picture.

Peter
Valued Member
28 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thecollectorman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I donīt have a picture.
Rob Roy, I donīt remember if the stamp is F or Ģ stamped. What you suggest ?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34185 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have no 2.5 Pound stamp in my collection.
Does 1 exist

Lots of 2.5d or 2.5p

Pound Currency on GB

1 pound
2 pounds

Revenue stamp?

Edited by rod222 - 12/07/2021 9:17 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1924 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   11:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could you give us a link to where you saw this stamp, or is it a type of stamp you're interested in and you want to know if there is a particular face value?
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1265 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   01:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A description, at least, would help. A link, as Bobby suggests would be better.

I am not sure about fiscal stamps, but Ģ 2 1/2 can only be from the decimal period. I doubt such a value was ever put to use.
As postage stamp or to-pay label, the value certainly does not exist.

I am not sure what you mean by "2 1/2 F stamped." This might be an overprint. The F would point at Morocco Agencies (French Zone). However, such a value does not exist. (edit:) Also, it would be overprinted MOROCCO AGENCIES as well.

Maybe, you are seeing part of a cancellation. Otherwise, it may not be a British stamp.
Edited by NSK - 12/08/2021 02:39 am
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
785 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   01:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Rob Roy, I donīt remember if the stamp is F or Ģ stamped. What you suggest ?

Can you give us more information, like where did you see it, why do you think it is British, is it 2 1/2 or 2.5 or 2'6, was the number part of the stamp or overprint or part of a cancelation?

F is most often Franc. Ģ is usually pound.
Edited by Rob Roy - 12/08/2021 02:00 am
Valued Member
United States
482 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I donīt remember if the stamp is F or Ģ stamped. What you suggest ?

To summarize, this is where we are: you want more information about a stamp for which you can offer no link, no picture, no description, no color, no perforation, no shape, and no currency, only that you think it was a Great Britain issue, and you think it was 2― of some currency, but you don't know which. So, with all due respect, you're kind of wasting everyone's time right now, including your own.

Everyone on this forum has good intentions, most are willing to help to the best of their abilities, and some people on this forum have world-class resources and knowledge. Respect them all by putting forth at least a little effort yourself, first. Give us something to work with, and no doubt you'll have an answer in a few minutes.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1265 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   09:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let's give OP a chance to describe the stamp, or even provide a link, although not being able to find it on the internet raises the question if OP can provide a link.

Maybe, OP can also tell why OP thinks it is a GB stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3261 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
the only thing that commes to mind is the 2 and a half Farthings (Heligoland).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7769 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   12:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

>>>>>It is best to avoid starting a thread but only giving 'part information'; you will find that people will stop responding to your threads.<<<<<

Sorry for using your post Don, but it really applies here!

Peter
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34185 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the only thing that commes to mind is the 2 and a half Farthings (Heligoland).

...and that is spelt in full.
I cannot recall any currency shown on a postage stamp as F
France is Fr
China and Manchukuo is 2 and a half Fen, but in Chinese script
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 439Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05