Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

If You Have Your Stamps Stolen.

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 992Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
28 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add thecollectorman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If you have your stamps stolen what would you do?
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
United States
10124 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   8:52 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Blame COVID.

Sorry, could not help myself. I assume that the standard steps would be; call the law, call the insurance agent, and pour a large single malt Scotch.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7470 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
File a police report if I had a detailed inventory. You need a PR to make an insurance claim.

Why do you ask?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7470 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Blame COVID.

Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   9:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my case I'd have to clean up for them first. They'd walk into my office and see boxes, binders, envelopes, glassines everywhere and probably go find something else to steal. Disarray may be the best security.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1261 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Disarray may be the best security."

True, it would take them too much time to find the valuable ones, especially amatures.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1052 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   01:02 am  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
call the insurance agent, and pour a large single malt Scotch.

Don, I pour a small one in a Glencairn glass often while sitting at my stamp desk....I'm an "Islay" guy....what's your preferred malt?

Ray
Learn More...
United States
10124 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   04:18 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ray,
Highland Park, a bit pricey for me but when you can only drink a total of 30 fluid ounces per day (due to dialysis/renal diet) I have to make each ounce count.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5702 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could not happen , unless they had a dual axel truck . My wife would make them lunch while they packed up 60 to 80 boxes.
Edited by floortrader - 12/09/2021 10:56 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6127 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   10:57 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Come on - she'd be helping them pack, then taking them out for a slap-up meal.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7470 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Floortrader - There is one stamp missing from one album.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3291 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   06:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder why the OP asked the question. Were they looking for serious or less serious responses?
Al
Edited by angore - 12/10/2021 06:59 am
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   09:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
51studebaker pour a large single malt Scotch

Something we agree on! Although some blends are good too.
Valued Member
348 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   09:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If mine were stolen I'd take the insurance payout and use it for a vacation to help ease the pain. My serious collecting phase started 25 years ago so I can't imagine starting over. Maybe take up collecting something different like marbles!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
893 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First determine what was taken and the format (stock book, album, display cards). Think if there is anything identifying on the format or material. Some unique trait would be helpful, such as all binders had pink hello kitty stickers or had a company name on them that was not stamp related. Notify the APS, even if you are not a member. I am assuming you are in the USA**. Here is link to their theft information page: https://classic.stamps.org/Stamp-Thefts

Next call every near by stamp, coin and pawn shop to give a description. Nearby means the closest ones to you regardless of distance away if you are located in a non-densely populated area.

Then call your local police and make a report.

If you have specific stamp insurance make a quick call to them as they too may have an email network to spread the word. If you have just regular homeowner's or renter's insurance they tend to limit coverage to $100.00 without paying for a specific rider on your policy.

I am sorry for your loss and hope it is found and returned. When you contact the APS (American Philatelic Association) they may be able to provide you with more information how to report.

Now while the US White House has been blaming the pandemic on crime and the comments above are a rather good joke, I think such should come after providing real direction and an answer to your question. For that, I will apologize on behalf of SCF members.

**If you are not in the USA, if there is a national philatelic organization in your country, contact them.

The thieves will peddle the items usually as a whole with the inherited or won a storage locker auction story both hard to countermand at the time.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 12/10/2021 3:46 pm
Valued Member
28 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thecollectorman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Incredible ! Never spoke this theme here in all forum !!!! This is very SERIOUS theme.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 992Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05