Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Austria Or Germany WWI Cinderella ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 550Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
904 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   01:09 am  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add docgfd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found a bunch of these (just one example shown) in a recently bought collection and although they all depict German WWI players, they are all denominated in 'Heller.'
As far as I can recall, Heller were used in Germany but only up to unification in the 1870's. Meanwhile, Heller were used in Austria including during WWI.
So....my question is: are these Austrian or German Cinderella stamps? The one shown depicts Admiral Freiherr von Tirpitz, Secretary of State of the German Imperial Naval Office.

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36758 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   01:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing here.
Would guess Austria, seen previous heads of govt cinderellas at 5 heller.

I do not understand the star and crescent insignia with six pointed star.

May we have the other vignettes ID, to assist?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 12/09/2021 01:45 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6831 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   02:12 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It must be Austrian, and I presume that the crescent reflects the Ottomans' alliance with the central powers during WWI.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36758 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   02:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers Geoff.
Tirpitz again, in Grey.
Unlisted in Richard C Witt's Austrian Cinderellas.

Edited by rod222 - 12/09/2021 02:31 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
2346 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   03:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the same set :

(not mine)
Edited by vayolene - 12/09/2021 03:18 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36758 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   04:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing after all these years, new stamps and labels pop up,
and defy identification.

ID as Austria
MACKENSEN Postmarked K.u.k UNITD Division, UNITD is a guess
on another site,
Author : Cursus

K.u.k. Some modern authors restrict its use to the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary from 1867 to 1918
Edited by rod222 - 12/09/2021 04:39 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3153 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   06:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It must be Austrian, and I presume that the crescent reflects the Ottomans' alliance with the central powers during WWI.

I agree and the Turkish emblem fits nicely with the German arms at the top left and the Austro-Hungarian arms at the top right.
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6831 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   07:02 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oops - missed those, Nigel! I was beginning to wonder if it were designed for sale to the A-H population in Stamboul!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
904 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   10:06 am  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a few more...

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3153 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice labels.

I've not seen them before and some of these officers are new names to me.

I was intrigued to read about the life of Erzherzog / Archduke Eugen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archd...n_of_Austria
Nigel
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 550Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05