Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dutch Country December Auction Can You See All The Items?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,128Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
1622 Posts
Posted 12/19/2021   11:48 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KRelyea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been trying to look at the collections but all I see is an error message for items 1301 to the end. I sent a message to Tom but I still get the error. Strangely I can see the items on my iphone. Is everybody else having the same problem?

***Blurred out identifying IP address - Don***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8167 Posts
Posted 12/19/2021   12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed the same thing yesterday Ken and also emailed Tom. I cannot view those lots on either my PC or Ipad.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5421 Posts
Posted 12/19/2021   12:56 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cold Fusion... a state of the art web development platform... back in 1996.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
614 Posts
Posted 12/19/2021   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
According to their headers, they are running Win2012R2 IIS advertizing ASP.NET/a suite of vulnerabilities in doing so. They are a tech dumpster fire upon first impression. Can't imagine the turtles all the way down. This is not opinion or debateable btw. Shocked they haven't been severely compromised to date, probably by sheer unmitigated luck.
Edited by rismoney - 12/19/2021 2:12 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5421 Posts
Posted 12/19/2021   2:30 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Shocked they haven't been severely compromised to date, probably by sheer unmitigated luck.

Actually, SAN had a data breech that compromised everyone's personal information back in 2017. It apparently was not severe enough to prompt an upgrade in infrastructure.

Quote:

Official Notice of Data Breach

Dear XXXXXXX :

Please read this letter in its entirety. On September 28th, we notified you of this data breach. This is the formal advice as directed by our insurance company.

What happened? What information was involved?
We recently became aware that our StampAuctionNetwork (SAN) server was hacked on September 26, 2017. The attack did not target StampAuctionNetwork directly, we have SSL security there which protects from external attacks. The breach was made through our main offices and they were able access SAN from there. We took immediate steps to stop the access and respond to the situation. Based on our review of the systems, we have discovered that some of your personal data may have been compromised. This data includes your name and payment card information.

While we have no evidence that any of your personal information has been misused in any manner, we are taking appropriate precautionary measures to ensure your financial security and help alleviate concerns you may have.

Your XXX Credit Card Ending in N-NNNN with Expiration date ZZZZ may have been compromised. We suggest you cancel this card and request a new one, if this card is still active.

What is Droege Computing Services, Inc. doing to address this situation?
Droege Computing Services, Inc. has made immediate enhancements to our systems, security and practices. Additionally, we have engaged appropriate experts to assist us in conducting a full review of our security practices and systems to ensure that appropriate security protocols are in place going forward and we have removed all credit card information from SAN. We are committed to helping those people who may have been impacted by this unfortunate situation.

What can I do on my own to address this situation?

If you choose to place a fraud alert, you will need to contact one of the three major credit agencies directly at:

Experian (1-888-397-3742) Equifax (1-800-525-6285) TransUnion (1-800-680-7289)
P.O. Box 4500 P.O. Box 740241 P.O. Box 2000
Allen, TX 75013 Atlanta, GA 30374 Chester, PA 19016
www.experian.com www.equifax.com www.transunion.com

Also, should you wish to obtain a credit report and monitor it on your own:
IMMEDIATELY obtain free copies of your credit report and monitor them upon receipt for any suspicious activity. You can obtain your free copies by going to the following website: www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling them toll-free at 1-877-322-8228. (Hearing impaired consumers can access their TDD service at 1-877-730-4204.
Upon receipt of your credit report, we recommend that you review it carefully for any suspicious activity.
Be sure to promptly report any suspicious activity to Droege Computing Services, Inc. and your credit card company.

In addition, we are urging all customers to notify their bank of this incident to inform them that your account may be at an increased risk for fraud and so that your bank can flag your account. We also encourage you to monitor your accounts closely for any suspicious activity and to notify your financial institution immediately if you notice any unauthorized transactions.

For More Information
You can obtain more information about identity theft and ways to protect yourself from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC has an identity theft hotline: 877-438-4338; TTY: 1-866-653-4261. They also provide information on-line at www.ftc.gov/idtheft.

What if I want to speak with Droege Computing Services, Inc. regarding this incident?
Please call Tom Droege at 919-403-9459 from 9-5pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.

At Droege Computing Services, Inc. we take our responsibilities to protect your personal information very seriously. We are deeply disturbed by this situation and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Thomas Droege
President and CEO
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1622 Posts
Posted 12/19/2021   6:18 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's fixed!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
936 Posts
Posted 12/20/2021   2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received the same when browsing. I will go back later and hope that the scans are viewable.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2905 Posts
Posted 12/21/2021   8:17 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Umm, do you mean the DC January auction?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5857 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
After the second of their 3 day auction ,it looks like Dutch Country is having a good auction . Some stuff as always are dogs but there is a lot of very strong pricing .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5857 Posts
Posted 01/13/2022   8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finish the 3 day auction ,the collections did well . The bulk accumalation lots did well and brought their estimates and a some exceeded those levels . Over all a positive auction .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
936 Posts
Posted 01/13/2022   8:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had to leave absentee bids for this auction because I was away from my home computer. I don't like to do that, and it tends to have the effect of reducing my bids a little. I tend to be a little freer with my money when I am live-bidding. Anyway, out of all my bids, I got one lot of modern Saudi material. We will have to wait and see how stupid of a purchase it was!! I am happy with what I paid, now, but I haven't seen it in its entirety.
Edited by mootermutt987 - 01/13/2022 8:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1199 Posts
Posted 01/13/2022   9:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ended up picking up more than I expected, including a couple nice lots for my wife, so she's happy and I'm happy.
Edited by gmot - 01/13/2022 9:30 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5857 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up one lot to expand my collection and one lot to play with ,meaning to look for interesting stuff to catalog and add to my 102 cards before I check them to a album .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5857 Posts
Posted 01/16/2022   07:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got my invoice today ......I think inflation has hit the shipping cost for items from the stamp auction firms .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8167 Posts
Posted 01/16/2022   08:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FedEx and UPS each went up 6%.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5857 Posts
Posted 01/16/2022   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased a 3 box lot and shipping is up 25%,guess they added a little extra for themselfs . But I seen that before were your cost goes up ,so they add extra also .
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,128Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05