Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mexico Revenues - Starting The Catalogue Process

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 1,651Next Topic
Page: of 5
Forum Dad
Learn More...
USA
1775 Posts
Posted 01/02/2022   12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mrita75, very sorry for your problems. My bad. I sent you an email, cleaned up the topic a bit, and believe it is fixed, please try again.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/06/2022   10:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

EDIT: I just noticed the fine print on the bottom. Still not sure why they would have done this one different than the rest. :)

Hoping someone can help me with this revenue that I just acquired to add to my collection. nothing fancy - Mexico DO#43. As I was looking at it, I noticed that the 25c on the top left corner looks flipped (not sure the formal term:)? I went back to my catalogue thinking well maybe this is normal - but none of the others from the set have this presentation. Has anyone seen this before? Maybe this 25 centavos is distinct as it is not shown as an example in the Robert's catalogue. If not normal, how would something like this have happened? I do not think this stamp is fake - I mean it is only worth a couple of cents.

Edited by Mrita75 - 01/06/2022 10:19 pm
Canada
3 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   02:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MexMex300 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To me, it looks like the 25 centavos stamp shown above is legit. I suggest sending it to Mike Roberts, at MEPSI. He can ask other MEPSI members about this stamp. I think is a very nice stamp.
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   05:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mrita, the footnote in the catalog image you posted states "On Do 43, the left 25 is a mirror image of the normal 25 at the right." So it is completely normal. Since the "2" and the "5" are mirror images of each other they could have been confused when producing the die. Reminds me of the 5 cent red Washington-Franklin error.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   08:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MexMex and Germania. As soon as I posted, I saw the tiny print on the bottom of the catalogue page. Really interesting that the 25 centavos is distinct. Yes agree these Documentos revenues are very nice. These can be challenging to find in nice shape.

Also, unlike most regular issues, it seems, (subjective at this point), that most Mex revenues are priced much higher than the Robert's catalogue CV. Haven't figured out why that is. The hunt continues. :)
Edited by Mrita75 - 01/07/2022 08:40 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing fancy but did a trial page on quadrilled paper. Made a nice cover page too. Might be too plain but it's ok.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 02/25/2022   9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. a kind soul did an example page from software to show me what is possible. Here are stamps remounted on a much nicer format. I hope to be able to use this format moving forward.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 1,651Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05