Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada Centennial Booklet Bk63B

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 589Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
197 Posts
Posted 01/02/2022   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Trodent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is an interesting find. BK63b, it comes in both the non-perforated gutter and the perforated gutter variety.

My question is "do you think its legit?" Is it the perforated gutter variety?

Attached is the note Bileski made.

Here is the signature inside the front cover as he mentions

This photo, I overlayed the perforations from between rows 1 & 2 to show the perf holes sizes and alignment.

My concern is that in the Centennial Definitive Series book by Robin Harris, he mentions this.

The fact is that the gutter perfs do not line up properly with the fold of the booklet as stated. OR do I take Bileski's word for it?

Any thoughts?

Trodent
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
608 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3Dadeo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If Bileski purchased, opened and sold the booklet, I can't think of a better guarantee. The signature looks legit.

His reputation was impeccable.
If he purchased it from someone else, that may be a different story.

I would ask Robin Harris about the "must lie on the fold" statement in Unitrade and why he thinks that is important.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by 3Dadeo - 01/04/2022 6:58 pm
Pillar Of The Community
592 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   9:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've acquired, or owned at some point, a decent amount of Bileski-labeled items. He was definitely quite accurate with most stuff but he did move incredible amounts of stamps and had a penchant for quite excitedly describing items lol. He was quite the philatelist.

That said, every bk63b I've ever seen has had the perf across the fold…

If I can find my Centennial specialty book, I will check what it says, unless you have already?
Pillar Of The Community
592 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   12:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoops I just realized your criteria photo comes from the specialty book I was also referring to (by Robin), so never mind there. I tried to see if I had any more info in any other Canada specialized books but nada.
Valued Member
Canada
197 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   11:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trodent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I should send it in for Certification.

Thanks for your input

Trodent

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
608 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   10:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3Dadeo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Before you send it for certification, you should email Robin Harris (Unitrade editor) for his reasons on the fold issue.
Valued Member
Canada
185 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   12:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add j2186 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The fact is that the gutter perfs do not line up properly with the fold of the booklet as stated. OR do I take Bileski's word for it?

In the book "Canada The 1967-73 Definitive Issue" by Douglas Irwin and Murray Freedman (1984) it states:

"The horizontal perforations running through the gutter are not necessarily coincident with the fold in fold in the pane."

So there is a difference of opinion here.

Jan
Pillar Of The Community
3609 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   08:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting that these booklet stamps were line-perforated.

A rotary wheel perforator was used that went across horizontally and vertically in two separate operations (two separate perforators).

Notice the perforation hole paper tufts in the horizontal direction for horizontal perforations and in the vertical direction for vertical perforations.
Edited by jogil - 01/19/2022 08:52 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 589Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05